RSK questions

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
After driving the F250 for a while, my 81 F150 4X2 almost feels like a sports car when I first get in it. It sits so low and it's so short (in length). It's actually kind of nice.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve actually been nosing around looking at other suspensions for the front. My pavement princess needs 4wd to rescue herself out of wet grass not to hook to a weight transfer sled.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s espensive.... whew!!!

GM has been running IFS up front for years. It’s an intriguing thought experiment.

I never had any problems with the IFS in my Chevy that weren't from me beating on it. Ball joints and cv shafts from chasing Jeeps through the woods, but that's about it. I'm sure the setup from an 88-98 GM would work if you were tempted to dabble, they got weaker er... "engineered more efficiently" in the later years.

I'd have zero problem buying one for street use, just don't beat the crap out of them off-road LOL

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure the setup from an 88-98 GM would work if you were tempted to dabble, they got weaker er... "engineered more efficiently" in the later years.

My 88 enjoyed eating the driver side output shaft spline ring. Think that’s what it’s called. Little brass ring that sat in a groove and helped keep the shaft in place. Fun for the first few corners on the highway and the whole truck shifts around. Not fun when it death wobbles.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 88 enjoyed eating the driver side output shaft spline ring. Think that’s what it’s called. Little brass ring that sat in a groove and helped keep the shaft in place. Fun for the first few corners on the highway and the whole truck shifts around. Not fun when it death wobbles.

Ouch... Mine was a 97, might have been a design change?

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
I have looked hard at doing the “no RSK superduty 99-04 front springs conversion” on my 91. Yes there is less frame foreword of the stock shackle mounting point than 92-97 but still enough for the foreword shackle mount. The frame is actually far stronger than 92-97. Just have to notch bumper or use a custom one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle