Roehl trucking

Jarlaxle

Bregan D'aerthe
Reaction score
I just got an info mailing from them...and have to say, it sounds like a pretty good company. Anyone know firsthand whether it's a place I might want to work?

EMD Diesel Power

Misguided Trident
Reaction score
Do you want to drive or do tractor or trailer maintenance?

I do know the maintenance shop seems top-rate.... have interviewed with them before. But thats been 5 years ago (before I had ASE Master certification and AC)

Havent really heard much complaints as for driving... but then again I really dont pay much attention to that end. Equipment seems immaculate all the time.

I should check out the maintenance end again.... just for the heck of it. thier 6 on/5 off or something like that schedule would work nice for me. Marshfield/Central WI is also a pretty nice area to live in.... local politics not withstanding cookoo cookoo I prefer the Stevens Point area myself after having lived in both areas.

EMD Diesel Power

Misguided Trident
Reaction score
Personally I'd go for it..... if its not what you expected.... then change jobs/companies. I do know for a fact that thier pay rates are competitive and No BS. Takes time to hit the top tier, but you'll get it.

Roehl is a well-respected company in the industry.... as well as in WI. To be quite frank with you, I dont hear much complaints about them......

Schneider National and JB Hunt on the other hand... well.....

I have always beleived that the more maintained the equipment is... the better the fleet and the operation as a whole is. Roehl fit that definition when I was interviewing with them.

Jarlaxle

Bregan D'aerthe
Reaction score
I know all about JB Hunt (and CR England didn't look too promising...), but always thought Schneider was pretty good.

Freightrain

Just "B" it........
Reaction score
Truck.net is a place to get some ideas on trucking for a living. Of course there is the typical know-it-alls, but still some good reading. I lurk around there on occasion just to see what's going on.

Truckie

Reaction score
I use to deal with them on a regular basis for about a year while the company I am with was changing hands. I use to unload 2 to 3 of there trucks a week. All the drivers I ever talked to liked the company and have been there for 10 or so years. Always had great equipment, trucks and trailers.
I'd say go with it if you really want a change and a decent company to work for.

EMD Diesel Power

Misguided Trident
Reaction score
They still do in some fleets.... mainly the summer granite fleet (double bottom dumps) and the in-state hauls. That whole fleet used to be like the pumpkins (schneider) and was all COE. But times have changed and they are pretty much all conventionals in the long haul fleets.

EMD Diesel Power

Misguided Trident
Reaction score
Jarlaxle said:
According to the guy on the phone, all tractors are now Freightliner or IH long-noses. :(

and you may be quite right..... fleets usually cycle through every 4 years or so... and its been over 4 since I've really followed them. And the last I saw them, the COEs were on thier "last legs" anyway.

I do know the Frieghtliners are all Century Class..... as for the IH long noses.... not sure. probably 9400s.

Brickman

Reaction score
I had a Roehl rookie tear off the drivers side of my hood. Could have been a lot worse. I was only down about a week for repairs.

Jaraxle how much experince do you have? Are you able to get your own rig?
If so www.landstar.com is treating me well. Let me know if you go with them. By recomending you I get a $100 as soon as you are confirmed and signed on.

Jarlaxle

Bregan D'aerthe
Reaction score
Experience driving? About 5-6 years total, 4 with a CDL. Experience in tractor-trailers? Zero.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online