Roehl trucking

EMD Diesel Power

Misguided Trident
Reaction score
Brickman said:
I had a Roehl rookie tear off the drivers side of my hood. Could have been a lot worse. I was only down about a week for repairs.

Jaraxle how much experince do you have? Are you able to get your own rig?
If so www.landstar.com is treating me well. Let me know if you go with them. By recomending you I get a $100 as soon as you are confirmed and signed on.

How did the rookie manage that? LOL Speaking of worse.... this last week was bad for the area here.

One rig going southbound on 41 hit a out-of-control SUV in slippery conditions and wound up going over the bridge rail and into Lake Butte De Morts by Oshkosh--- yes... the whole rig. Driver was ok. He was lucky though, there was a similar accident a year back where the driver fell asleep and wound up in the lake and drowned.

There was another wreck a few days later on 45 just south of 10 where a southbound crossed centerline-- sideswiped a northbound rig... lost it... and promptly slammed head-on into another rig following the 1st NB. All this at highway speeds. Nobody died and no major injuries... although 2 did go to hospital for checkups. One tractor burned to the frame. Dont know about the others--didnt have any more pics in the news.

On a funnier note.... some drunk idiot back in December (I think) stole a tractor and promptly drove it onto Butte De Morts.... but the ice was only 6 inches thick or less.... needless to say he didnt get far.

Brickman

Reaction score
EMD Diesel Power said:
How did the rookie manage that? LOL Speaking of worse.... this last week was bad for the area here.

One rig going southbound on 41 hit a out-of-control SUV in slippery conditions and wound up going over the bridge rail and into Lake Butte De Morts by Oshkosh--- yes... the whole rig. Driver was ok. He was lucky though, there was a similar accident a year back where the driver fell asleep and wound up in the lake and drowned.

There was another wreck a few days later on 45 just south of 10 where a southbound crossed centerline-- sideswiped a northbound rig... lost it... and promptly slammed head-on into another rig following the 1st NB. All this at highway speeds. Nobody died and no major injuries... although 2 did go to hospital for checkups. One tractor burned to the frame. Dont know about the others--didnt have any more pics in the news.

On a funnier note.... some drunk idiot back in December (I think) stole a tractor and promptly drove it onto Butte De Morts.... but the ice was only 6 inches thick or less.... needless to say he didnt get far.

Sounds like a wild week in paradise. Glad no body got killed.

The rookie was parked to the drivers side of me. I was doing my log book, just put it away and pulled my seat belt on when he started out. He never looked in his side mirror. Just started driving. Most of us when parked in a truck stop pull straight forward as far as we can and then begin the turn out so as to avoid hitting some body else. This guy just pulled out and started turning. I saw it coming and turned on my head lights so that IF he had been looking in his mirror he would have seen me. He didn't.

He was really green, I figure at best 6 months in his own truck. Maybe less.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online