Rocker Arm - Valve Cover Interference

WarNose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Problem solved. New rockers are on the left and center. Old rocker is on the right. New rockers are quite a bit taller. I'm going to grind them down, clean the hell out of them, and reinstall.

There was no way that the cam had increaased the lift enough to make those kind of dents.

Thanks for the help everyone.

YJMike92

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Problem solved. New rockers are on the left and center. Old rocker is on the right. New rockers are quite a bit taller. I'm going to grind them down, clean the hell out of them, and reinstall.

There was no way that the cam had increaased the lift enough to make those kind of dents.

Thanks for the help everyone.

OPSI. That's gonna leave a mark. Just pulled out my new Melling rockers to make sure I didn't have the same issue. I think I'm OK??

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just saw this when I saw the brand of your rockers I knew right away what it was. Sealed power is not making very good parts these days it seems. My friend with a shop here in town just ran into this with a stock engine. He heated up his baffle with a torch and made a ball-peen dimple in it and that worked so far I'm going to show him this picture he's going to say the F word.lol
Please tell me again how much you like that cam

WarNose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thatll do it!!
are you gonna make it to the GTG this weekend?
The plan was to tow the trailer to the mountains, but it may rain all weekend up there. When/where is the GTG?

OPSI. That's gonna leave a mark. Just pulled out my new Melling rockers to make sure I didn't have the same issue. I think I'm OK??
They look okay from here. They seem much closer to stock than mine.

Any chance those rockers are still covered under warranty?
Not any more. I already ground 1/4" off, LOL.

I just saw this when I saw the brand of your rockers I knew right away what it was. Sealed power is not making very good parts these days it seems. My friend with a shop here in town just ran into this with a stock engine. He heated up his baffle with a torch and made a ball-peen dimple in it and that worked so far I'm going to show him this picture he's going to say the F word.lol
Please tell me again how much you like that cam
The cam makes awesome low and mid range torque! Heck it also rides really nice at 80 to 85 mph. The truck doesn't feel like it weighs 7000 pounds anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight