Return lines and GP's

runkeeg26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a factory turbo and was going to be doing GP's and return lines in the next couple months and just wanted to ask you guys a quick question. Would i have to remove the turbo to get the far back passenger side GP? I was looking at it today, and it seems doable? Is there any trick? One other thing. I believe i have the original injection pump and injectors but none leak and the thing start up instantly! Even better when cold then warm. I have watched videos of people who start their truck up after having all new injection pump and GP's and mine still starts faster. Even faster then my wife's little gas SUV with 65K miles. I love these trucks! Can't get a better mix of comfort and an old never fail engine. I just want to take the best care of her i can and have her for many many more years to come. Thanks for your help guys!

Joe

runkeeg26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From behind the turbo? Okay i will have to remember that one. Other then that is it take off cut and put back for the most part? That would be great!

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
go to harbor freight. wobble extension set is only $8.99 if i recall and it comes with short medium and long wobble extensions in 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" drive

short 1/4" wobble plus a nice small wrench does it just fine for me. If you have a glow plug controller there, you'll need to move it out of the way

rjglenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a wrench to loosen it and then a piece of stiff rubber hose that will just fit over the end to get it off. If it's swelled or stuck then the hose probably won't work. It's a pain to get to that one no matter how you do it.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As has been stated, changing out the glow plugs is not a problem. Only the lazy will leave #5 and #7 in and swap the rest.