Return line caps oily looking.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I think you've got something else going on. Remember, leaking returns affect the ability of the IP to get fuel INTO it. You should have a start...run...die effect going on. Rough running is the result of cylinders not firing. Cylinders fail to fire when air, heat, or fuel is missing. The only way fuel could be missing, is if your individual IP lines are leaking down. This would be due to a leak at the pump, a leak at the injector, or a crack in the line. To RULE OUT the leaky returns being an issue, unscrew your fuel filter before you try to start, and verify that it is full (fuel should leak out when you unscrew it). If it is not, then you still have an air issue, but maybe something else too.

I don't have fuel leaking from any of the IP lines and there's no reason for lack of air. I pulled the Holley fuel system components today and applied aviation sealer to the pipe thread fittings. They were leaking again before I got home. -cuss Man I'm at a loss unless I have several brand new GP's that arent working for some reason. Fuel is not an issue, it has plenty of it judging by how it loads up when its stumbling about. The smoke cloud literally fills up a parking lot that fits 200 cars, its embarrassing.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I don't have fuel leaking from any of the IP lines and there's no reason for lack of air. I pulled the Holley fuel system components today and applied aviation sealer to the pipe thread fittings. They were leaking again before I got home. -cuss Man I'm at a loss unless I have several brand new GP's that arent working for some reason. Fuel is not an issue, it has plenty of it judging by how it loads up when its stumbling about. The smoke cloud literally fills up a parking lot that fits 200 cars, its embarrassing.

I would like you to do something for me? Check all the glow plugs it dont take no time, if they all check out pay the shipping cost and i will send you a set of BB codes that are used but in good condition my truck started and ran great on them, if they fix your problem then keep them till you can buy you a set, then i will pay shipping to get them back to me sound good?