replacing axle seals in rear

mustangmatt89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to be replacing axle seals this weekend, I have the 3 inch wide shoes, I beleive that means I have a dana 70, is that right, what tool do i need to remove the hub? Is the tool the same for the dana 80? I was looking through the cornwell tool catalog and the only thing they has that looked like it would work said 85 and up f250 and 350 but with dana 80, will that work? Or where should I buy one, I need one by saturday morning

bigblue85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i woulnt think we had dana 80 mainly sterling 10.25 and sterling 10.50's semi floating and full floating rears. but some of the duallys i would think had 70's but i may be wrong. but to change seals u have to pull the whole hub off....beware that f***** is heavy... bout dropped it on my shin

mustangmatt89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not really sure what the rear is, I know it has the 3 inch drum brakes, I was told by a mechanic that it was a dana 70 before but not sure, just trying to find the right tool to remove the hub nut with, thats really what I need

mustangmatt89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay thanks... I just did some reading online and what people have been using to remove the nut was Lisle #28000, when i read the description for that part number it was the same as the one by cornwell. So I think i will try the one on the cornwell truck, and see what happens

bigblue85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yah no way dana 80 its sterling 10.25 check your axle tag on the inspection cover and run your numbers it will tell you the size either 10.50 or 10.25 and what gear ratio.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online