replaced cdr and it has slowed down on the oil drinking alot

ellis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i was going to pull my motor and i still may. anyway it was using a quart of oil every 75 miles so i put a new cdr i had allready orderd on it and have driven about 120 miles and it is still on full so we will see how it does the next few days i do have some leaks it is running better but i think it needs a new lift pump. because i get white smoke when i hit the go pd. i do hsve some blowby.but it runs good good power too.

ellis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
burning wmo

i burn wmo and it runs better than when on diesel and i have been runing it for three years. my truck gets aroun 18 mpg on avg.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your too far retarded, try advancing the IP timing a little. Center punch mark the original spot before advancing so you can return it if needed. Lift pumps are only about $26, I'd change it if it's old. You'll alway's have some blow by, remove the oil fill cap and speed it up, no smoke then is good, a lot of smoke is bad. Run an Auto-RX treatment thru it, might be well worth while, maybe just carboned up rings.

ellis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did up the timing but it smoked more and it lost power and sounded like a powerstrok too so i backed it of a little and i mean a litlle and it ran better. i will look into the auto rx thanks.