Removing Driven Gear...HELP

SewperDrewper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:dunno

So I have gotten the tail shaft housing off...and just don't know how to remove the driven gear off of the output shaft. Anybody out there have any clues?!

Thanks for the help.

SewperDrewper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figured it out...once you get the little splined rubber washer out off of the output shaft, you remove the clip behind the driven gear. Push the driven gear towards the t-case, then remove the keeper (little ball bearing about 1/4") My output shaft was spun so the bal just fell out, if yours is some other direction, a magnet should do the trick to remove it from it's housing. Pull the Driven Gear off of the output shaft, replace with the new gear and follow steps in reverse and you're good to go!

dsltech83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be the drive gear your changin if its on the trans tailshaft, driven gear is the one on the end of the speedometer cable.

SewperDrewper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be the drive gear your changin if its on the trans tailshaft, driven gear is the one on the end of the speedometer cable.

Thanks for the clarification. Depending on who you talk to, the piece has like 30 different names! Haha.

And I was changing it because my speedo wasn't working which in turn made my tranny not work right. Everything is all operable again and I'm a happy IDI driver again:thumbsup:

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
I changed mine out because I had a dead speedo, I had a C6 so it still shifted normal.

I had no speedo and no working fuel gauges, needless to say it was interesting trying to figure out how much fuel I had in the hold- And driving it till it got air and sputtered then switching to the other tank only worked for me until I switched from one dry tank to the other (which was also dry)

Then I got motivated to get the speedo working.

Glad you got it fixed! ;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online

No members online now.