Remote car starter

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Anyone ever put on in a 2001 toyota corolla? My GF is hinting she wants one for x-mas. I have put one in a 02 expedition but i didnt have all the pieces so you had to leave the key in the ignition for the remote to work. I dont want to have to do that to the GFs car.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
nevr installed one but i have one for my 93 on my desk here for over a year. Was it hard to put in that 02 expedition?

Took about an hour and a half. But i needed a modual to bypass the chip in the key. I didnt get one so the only way for it to work was leave a key in the ignition.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took about an hour and a half. But i needed a modual to bypass the chip in the key. I didnt get one so the only way for it to work was leave a key in the ignition.

those modules usually have to have your extra key inside them. try putting your extra key as close to the ign switch for it to start

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do they make them for a manual transmission truck? obviously put the e break on, and tranny in neutral

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought they "legally" did. and when did they put that stupid clutch safety switch law in effect??

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I thought they "legally" did. and when did they put that stupid clutch safety switch law in effect??

No. Because if you forget to take it out of gear, it will start in gear and take off. There is no way of knowing that the truck is in gear other than reverse

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. Because if you forget to take it out of gear, it will start in gear and take off. There is no way of knowing that the truck is in gear other than reverse
right right, but this is just an alb oration here but they could put a switch on the transmission or a button or something that would tell the remote start computer that the transmission was in neutral and not in gear, also most people don't use the E brake. i guess I'm the only one lol