Reliable & Trustworthy IDI/E4OD Mechanic In SW Houston

Eli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Bus - a '91 E-350 Collins Super Bantam - needs some repair and maintenance that I don't have time to do, and I don't know how to do much of anything with an E4OD that's malfunctioning. Anybody have somebody they like?

Eli

Greenie

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If a shop is a member of Automatic Transmission Rebuilders Association a network of other shops also in ATRA will warranty the work of the first shop.
Years ago I had the misfortune of having a TM 400 swapped into my formerly 700R4 GMC pickup. The shop I chose was on the brink of failing but it was a member of ATRA. The shop must have gone to a junkyard and found a TH400 and installed it without checking it. Two months later the TH400 started to fail in a distant city. The second shop, also a member of ATRA properly rebuilt the transmission quickly at no extra cost. The transmission ran flawlessly the remaining 8 years I owned that truck.

https://www.atra.com/ShopFinder

Eli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's great to know, I appreciate it!
The bus, however is having electrical/sensor issues, not mechanical - I'm hoping to find somebody local that knows how to fix these things.

Eli

Eli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still needing somebody. Anybody in Houston know about these?

Eli