Rebuilt IP installed no diesel coming out of IP working on it now.

johneich

John, 1983 F250
Reaction score
Thanks A Lot GARY!!!, YOUR ADVICE WAS RIGHT ON!!! The smoke is not nearly as bad now, I am hoping it will get better after a few starts, like Mel's tech article says? I am going to drive it around more after dinner, will it hurt if it is retarted a bit and I just drive it around my property at 5-15 mph? I also want to thank Beverly, my GF I met less than five months ago that worked on this project right next to me for the 18 hours it took us to perform this, I really need to find the 1964-66 T-Bird driver that she wants as a thank you to her, can anyone help me out there?

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Wont hurt a thing but make sure you watch the coolant temps. You never know when the coolant will mysteriously vanish without a trace...:eek::angel:

johneich

John, 1983 F250
Reaction score
Thanks again Gary, been driving it around for a bit now, much less smoke, white with a tinge of grey, rather light considering what was done?, run to medium to slow RPMs, I have no Tach, 5-25 mph, comes back to a nice smooth idle, much smoother than my Ford 3000 3 cylinder diesel tractor, so it might be about right?, will do the tach and time when it comes Monday-Tuesday. I have been watching coolant level, full now.

Last edited:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may be able to help out with that Tbird thing, A buddy has a couple and he is going to be liquidating cars when he uhhh gets out. Nothing bad just some bad wimmen choices.

bghnkinf350

Reaction score
Congrats, glad to hear it is running. Once you get the timing done, the thing should be even smoother (still waiting to do my timing).