Rear antilock light on??? new sensor and it's still on?

bubbagonebad

Reaction score
The dash light for the rear antilock was on so I traced down the part and put on a new one on my 91 4X4 F250 IDI. The light went off during the road test, then came back on. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
The dash light for the rear antilock was on so I traced down the part and put on a new one on my 91 4X4 F250 IDI. The light went off during the road test, then came back on. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks

Try cleaning the connector real good and coating the pins with a light film of conductive grease ( NOT dielectric grease dielectric grease resists current, you may have to go to a hardware store and look with the electric panels for something like Noalox, great conductive grease that resists high temps and lasts forever)

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Try cleaning the connector real good and coating the pins with a light film of conductive grease ( NOT dielectric grease dielectric grease resists current, you may have to go to a hardware store and look with the electric panels for something like Noalox, great conductive grease that resists high temps and lasts forever)

So is Noalox the best for all the connectors?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
So is Noalox the best for all the connectors?

I don't know if it's the absoloute best conductive grease, but it's a real good one. I've been using it for years.
It's rated for 20 years service life in high temp environment, so connections dont dry out and oxidize.

Only time you use dielectric grease is on spark plug wire ends where you don't want high current leaking out. If you ever use it on sensor plugs , ( which unfortunately, mechanics do all the time ) somewhere down the line there will be false readings and module failures, and on computerized vehicles , cascading electronic failures through the entire system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger