Rancho RS5000X Reviews?

Oldiron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered these and will right a review when I get them installed. At one point I had a '78 f150 with the old rs5000, it was very firm but I liked it. That truck was a short bed and had a home made small wood bed. The truck they are going on is a 1988 f250 centurion converted to a dually. 7.3 extended cab long bed. I'm hoping I am as pleased as I was with the older style.

I was wondering if anyone has run these and what they thought.

TestDriver

Reaction score
Shocks and shock tuning are mostly black magic to the general motorist. One of the main reasons is that without the right equipment, it's impossible to know what you have. Hand stroking or on-vehicle bounce testing to check damper effectiveness are meaningless. The most important piece is that your butt be happy with the ride.

However, if you'd like to know what you have, you can send them, or for comparison, send your old shocks to me and I can measure them for you on my dynamometer. I offer to dyno test shocks for $50/pair. Anyone else here can get the same done for their shocks.

Conversely, if you know what you want, I can build custom units to your specifications. I do this mostly for cheaty racing applications. Depending on what people want, the price is $300-$500/unit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker

Members online