Ran across a beautiful old IH today...

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
A local IH dealer has this beauty on their show room floor:

You must be registered for see images attach

The wood bed was extremely well done so I took a few reference shots for my '57 if I decide to go with a stake bed. I have the original wood and steel IH flat bed, but none of the mounting hardware.

Thought some of you guys might appreciate it.

harvesterman93

Reaction score
wow thats awesome id like to see pics of your 57 i am a huge ih guy we are building a 62 travelette for my girlfriend dixie we are putting a 7.3 powerstroke in it

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. I can look at pics all nite long. Its so nice to see that someone has saved something from the past.

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
wow thats awesome id like to see pics of your 57 i am a huge ih guy we are building a 62 travelette for my girlfriend dixie we are putting a 7.3 powerstroke in it

Love the old Travelettes! It would rock with any diesel in it. Kinda like an old school cooler Expedition.

I'm hoping to pull the '57 out and get a few progress pics. Its my "taking my own sweet time and enjoying it" project.

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. I can look at pics all nite long. Its so nice to see that someone has saved something from the past.

Yep. Most of these old work trucks go unappreciated, its pretty cool that there are still people who see them and value them enough to restore them.

Sadly I am have a '31 Ford 2 1/2 ton that is too far gone to do anything with. I have been advertising it on AA boards and locally but I haven't had any serious calls on it. The wheels are the most valuable part of it and they are too costly to ship very far.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
sweeeeeettt! my friend has a mint (was restored once) '36-ish IH panel truck. when i went out to help him tear down some trucks we went for a ride in it, man what an awesome experience. that truck you posted reminds me of the '26 that was at the scout nationals this year. all original except the coil and tires! the guys grandfather bought it off the local hardware store in '28 when they bought the new model that year. most of the paint was gone but you could make out "....'s hardware" on the doors.

You must be registered for see images

man diesel travelette... that reminds me, i gotta go put more money down on the dt466 for my travelette!!! :D

Last edited:

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
sweeeeeettt! my friend has a mint (was restored once) '36-ish IH panel truck. when i went out to help him tear down some trucks we went for a ride in it, man what an awesome experience. that truck you posted reminds me of the '26 that was at the scout nationals this year. all original except the coil and tires! the guys grandfather bought it off the local hardware store in '28 when they bought the new model that year. most of the paint was gone but you could make out "....'s hardware" on the doors.

You must be registered for see images

man diesel travelette... that reminds me, i gotta go put more money down on the dt466 for my travelette!!! :D

Cool stuff.

I've made a little progress on my DT project. Will post some stuff next week. I am in that slow going stage where its all the little details that bog things down. Having to put two motors in my daughters Jeepster has NOT helped either, but for some reason I find it easier to work on her project than mine...cookoo

I can't wait to see a DT466 Travelette!!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the photos. Really cool old rig. That old iron is great to check out and I would love to have one. But.... time, cash, and other unfinished projects (DT466 repower for one) prohibit that wish from coming true at the moment.

Heath

Last edited:

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
And the best my local IH dealer can do is a decent Scout II Terra?? Not even on the sales floor? Ah, well.

Nicenice. A beautiful glimpse of what this truck looked like for the first six months or so of its life! Thx for sharing it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online