Rally Pot Luck

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Well since we are about a month out I believe it would be a good time to start laying out plans for the pot luck dinner. This would be for Saturday July 9 at the pavilion.

I know the host typically supplies burgers and dogs and I would be happy to do so, but a couple have mentioned smoking some chicken. I am willing to roll with whatever suggestions for the main meal. One, the other, or all three!

Otherwise it will be the usual side dishes and such for anyone else to jump in that can attend. I am really looking forward to some good food with great friends again.

Food list Update

Ok looks like we have settled out with Smoked Meat courtesy of Heath and Andy!!!!! here is the list so far

Corey - Chips and Pretzels
Elijah - plates and napkins (need to confirm but was volunteered earlier lol)
Heath - Brisket for smoker
Andy and Me - Smoker and chicken or pork, we will see!
Suzi - Brownies and Pretzels
My Wifey Jill - macaroni salad
Rob - veggie tray with dip
Ron - won the fight for utensils
Russ - sandwich rolls

looks like the only thing we have left is drinks and we can supply those.

thanks everyone!

Last edited:

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
I will be rolling out on Saturday, won't be around late but I can supply chips and pretzels. Gotta keep it easy for me since I will be tenting it

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will have my grill with me so if its needed that's no problem. I can get some sides, maybe snacks, utensils and drinks depending on what everyone likes. beer, hard lemonade or soda.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
We will be leaving Friday morning early, due to my work schedule, so don't count my 4. :(

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Missy is gonna bake something. We have a brisket in the freezer if you all would want us to bring it. However, we don't have a way to smoke it. I swear I read that someone was bringing a smoker. If so, we can throw the brisket in the cooler and haul it to PA.

Heath

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Missy is gonna bake something. We have a brisket in the freezer if you all would want us to bring it. However, we don't have a way to smoke it. I swear I read that someone was bringing a smoker. If so, we can throw the brisket in the cooler and haul it to PA.

Heath

my dad has a charcoal grill/smoker, I may be able to bring that if it would be of use.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I don't have a smoker (want one) and have never smoked brisket. In this situation, I'd just the be the meat man. LOL

Heath

pafixitman

Reaction score
I thought Danielle had the smoker... I have not posted but my situation has changed drastically. That said - yes, we will be there and actually not leaving until Monday now. I will ask Erica for ideas :D and will post our contribution later. I will try to log in tonight and post about my situation...

subway

Reaction score
Yes I know Danielle is one of the people who are talking about a smoker. She might be full of chicken though. She should chime in then.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the smoker I have is a direct smoker so you can smoke meat but it cooks in the same area as the coals are. I can put in on the back of my ferd and haul it down there. if my dad doesn't come I will need someone to operate the smoker.

subway

Reaction score
Looks like I'll be on my way out when this gets going.
Yea unfortunately several people have to leave for the weekend. I am sure we can have a mini pot luck during the week.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Danielle had the smoker... I have not posted but my situation has changed drastically. That said - yes, we will be there and actually not leaving until Monday now. I will ask Erica for ideas :D and will post our contribution later. I will try to log in tonight and post about my situation...
Dang Joe. That doesn't sound good. Hope all is well. Looking forward to seeing you again buddy. Not camped with ya since Chatty in 2006.

Really don't want to hear about meat, in your line of work,
Yep, went there. Lol
LOL. :angel:

Heath

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7