raggin out

creighta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all! Haven't been around here for a while. never have had the $$ to get my 93 beyond stock. Unfortunately the old girl is suffering from being too damn reliable and has not been getting any attention that doesn't involve a heavy load or a stock trailer and 4" of mud.

I took a load of siding down through SE KY a couple weeks ago and I was surprised to find that I was unable to top hills any faster than 50mph. for the most part I was running 65 at the bottom and stepped down the e40d to get up to 2500 rpm, but still no power.

Stone cold stock right now, any suggestions? I am thinking maybe timing, but IDK.

creighta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was the plan when I bought it, but I haven't had the money for it yet. The few used ones I have found were still close to $1k. plus I am worried that I will blow the heads with a turbo on a 170k mile engine.

That load of siding only weighed about 500lbs. I also had trouble on those hills coming home empty. I used to have plenty of power, she just seems to be wearing down and I don't know enough about these engines to know what to do first.

creighta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks as always. I know the pump is newer than the truck bc it says it is for trucks up to 94 model year and mine is a 93.

I don't know how new, though. I may just swap it anyhow.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
[new fuel filter fill it with diesel clean crank it up and let it run for about 20 seconds shut it of and let it set for a few hours it works wonder;Sweet sometimes