Radiator Support Bracket

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
Guys, I am searching for a radiator support bracket for my:

94 F350 7.3 Diesel WITH A/C

The only ones I can find are for models without A/C. Does anyone know the secret to this? Can I get one that is made for a non AC equiped pickup?

Do you think this one would work?

http://www.lmctruck.com/ICATALOG/FD/full.aspx?Page=23

Any insight would be great. Mine is close to trashed. I think I can make it work for the short term but will NEED to be replaced soon.

Thad

Last edited:

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Others have tried that one (it's really a gasser type) and had to use part of the original to make it work. There are some pretty clean ones for the earlies at the wreckers here. Not sure if they would fit yours.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
If the bottom barrel on yours is in decent shape, a gasser one will work as the aftermarket companies are misleading. Those advertised will not work.

Just gotta do a little grafting from old to new.

Check my goperation golddigger link for pics on how I converted one to work for the diesel app.

For the ac option, the difference is in basically just 2 tabs at the lower corners of the support that hold the studs for the lower half of the condenser.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should be able to get one from a junkyard or wrecker. Any diesel (IDI or PSD) rad support with A/C '92-'97 will work. I have '95 PSD front clip on my '86.
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

The IDI radiator dropped in and bolted up to the PSD's radiator support like it was send from Ford that way. Zero modification. Have you tried looking for PSD radiator supports?

Heath

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
hesutton,
I am going to attempt to find one while I am moving across the country. Thanks for the heads up on the PSD info. I have on that I am asking about thats 50 miles from me. There are no good junkyards close to me!

agnem,
I think I am going to avoid piecing something together since my fab skills and access to proper tools are limited!!!! It would be cool to get a mold and start producing these things!

Thanks
Thad

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hesutton,
I am going to attempt to find one while I am moving across the country. Thanks for the heads up on the PSD info. I have on that I am asking about thats 50 miles from me. There are no good junkyards close to me!

agnem,
I think I am going to avoid piecing something together since my fab skills and access to proper tools are limited!!!! It would be cool to get a mold and start producing these things!

Thanks
Thad

Well, you'd need a die...not a mold, since it's a steel part ;)

My core support is rotted out at the mounts...I'd like to see if I could pull it this summer and fix the mounts at some point, since correct supports are so hard to find.

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's actually several stamped parts spot welded together.

GoodB0Y

Reaction score
I got my rad support from ford... thought I was going to pay an arm and a leg... but it was less than 300 bucks.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I got my rad support from ford... thought I was going to pay an arm and a leg... but it was less than 300 bucks.

Do tell.
Can't get em down here. Last time I had checked was a few years back and they wanted $1000.00 for one but it was not available.:puke:

GoodB0Y

Reaction score
well I'm way up here in the great white north...eh... and I ordered a rad suport from a local parts supply only to find it was wrong! well after about a week of phoning around I finally figured out that nobody in the aftermarket makes a proper support for an a/c diesel, which according to FORD has the "super cooling" option. So with this new knowledge I went to the dealer just down the street from me... wondering to my slef if installing the updated clip on my truck was going to be a good idea...

When I went to the front parts counter I told the guy that I wanted a rad support for a 92-96 diesel truck... he raised his eyebrows and said really? I said yes... why do you ask if I really want one? He says well there not going to be cheap son... and I think well I'm 36! ... but ask how much do ya think they are? and he says " well last time I sold one they were about 800 bucks... we dont sell too many of them any more for those older trucks... lets have a look" he says. he pulls up the part number and once again his eyebrows rise.. and he smiles ans says..." well I'll be!" and I say what!!! and he says your in luck... I've never seen this happen but the're a hell of allot cheaper now... 300 bucks.... and I can give you wholesale price and it'll be even cheaper... I say SOLD!!! :D

that was about 6 months ago

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
The support bracket is about 60lbs and holds the radiator, headlights, fenders and battery trays together.

Ok if thats the support braket what is the pice that the grill, healights and the headlight bezels go on? Mine is plastic if thats it...

Thad