Radiator Killer!

sootman73

Reaction score
We'll take a look at it tonight dude and see what we can find. something is messed up there for sure. That motor shook a lot though the other night when we were trying to get it fired. Mine never shook that much even when an injection line was broken.....

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Hold the brakes and put it in gear forward and reverse with motor running. Give it some throttle and see if the motor jumps around. The motormounts really can't tear like others do, the have metal that hooks together limiting movement. I had one with no rubber left and it hardly moved. But the nuts could be missing

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
Transmission cross member:dunno

My buddy almost lost his radiator because of a rusted out transmission cross member.

FordMan1014

Reaction score
Didn't get to mess with it much tonight but the front core supports are in tact with new body mounts and the trans cross member doesn't even have a spec of rust on it... And as far a cracked frame, i crawled under her and couldn't find anything of that sort. The fan hit the rad at about 3 o'clock to 12 and ill get some pics posted when i get a chance cuz the truck isnt moving for a couple days until someone gets another radiator since even the local warehouses are on back order.....

towtruckdave

Resident Nutcase
Reaction score
Your core support is cracked about 2 1/2 inches out from where the radiator the radiator bolts to it. It is going to be hard to see because the crack follows the 90 degree bend. Look closer and if you so not see the crack, look even closer. It is going to be right on the horn that has two bolts per side that need to come out to pull the radiator.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like reading a murder mystery and somebody tore the last two pages out. :eek: