radiator is leaking

farriswheel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its leaking right out of the middle. I guess i need to get a new one :( what is a good choice? I'm not looking for something special or expensive. just a good replacement

farriswheel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well hey shoot me a price. shipping might not be too bad

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
Do you have the "square" (31" wide x 3" thick) or "rectangular" (37" wide x 4" thick) radiator? I will have to check to verify which mine is. Both will bolt into the truck, but the "rectangular" (37" wide) style has more coolant capacity (1.5 gallons more I believe). The radiator I have is out of a '86 F250 with a 6.9, but it will work on your 7.3 engine just fine (just checked with wrecking yard and '83-'97 will interchange - Super Duty WILL NOT interchange). I'll send you a PM now.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the non-A/C radiator will bolt up to the same core support as the square radiator? Well hell, I'll go grab that non-A/C radiator off the fleet truck in the junkyard that I got the steering stabilizer from... What's involved in the swap, do I have to drill new holes in the core support, or tis a direct bolt-in?

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
the non-A/C radiator will bolt up to the same core support as the square radiator? Well hell, I'll go grab that non-A/C radiator off the fleet truck in the junkyard that I got the steering stabilizer from... What's involved in the swap, do I have to drill new holes in the core support, or tis a direct bolt-in?

My '88 F250 had A/C and the 37" wide radiator... :dunno I think the one I have as a spare is the 31" wide radiator. I had a 37" radiator, but I sold it about 6 months before I got my current truck. I had been packing it around for about 2 years "just in case" I got another diesel. Right after I sold it to make more space in the garage, I got another diesel truck... Go figure.

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the ones you found are basically what i have and they seem to work well i got mine from radiators4less on ebay i have had 2 actually (fan blade went threw the first) and both were great i tow alot also and seem to keep my truck cooler then the stocker

dmaxjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see one is a two row and the other is a three row. Not sure if it matters but I think I would pay the extra for the three row.