Quick Question!

86SCLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok...I'm dealing on a d60/10.25 right now with 4:10s and I want to know if should be getting both or just the 60... I'm not sure what gears I have..I was hopeing you guys could help me out, on the highway in OD my truck goes 100 km/h @2k rpm...that means I have 3:55s right?

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
Sounds like You have 4.10s the only difference between a f250 and srw f350 in back is the taller lift block

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

86SCLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet! Just what I wanted to hear! If that's the case il just get the front axle, the guy with the axles only wanted 700 for the pair so I may be able to scoop up the 60 for like 300$. The PO of my truck already put a 350 block in the back to give it more rake for pulling horse trailers around. I will get you guys the door sticker axle code tomorrow just to be sure.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Woa, few things to consider.

You will likely need the front drive shaft for the 60 and the transfer case front output yoke as well!

Then you will want to ensure if you do indeed have said 4.10

First check out the door tag near the striker on cab there will be an axle code for example H9 means 3.55 posi, just google Ford axle code XX and xx = what your code is, then check out the links till you find out what it is.

Do the same for the donor axle, you may have a posi and the donor may be open or visa versa...

If you want and don't have a posi...get it...

Just some food for thought!

Also you can always open our rear axle and see iwhat the ring gear is stamped for say 44/10 or 44/11 as an example that tells you 100 percent the ratio...just divide lil number into big..

Also you will be able to verify if you have a posi or not!

JM2CW

86SCLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I went out and looked at the axle code on my truck, and it is c9 and I googled it just like you said to do and it came out to 3:55s L/S. You guys said i have 4:10s but my axle code says 3:55..I thought this was weird so i looked at the rear diff cover and it's got a sloppy RTV silicone gasket job, i also know it isn't a L/S rearend in it right now because I can let the clutch out on wet grass/ice and one tire spins....so I'm thinkin the PO swapped the gears because he used to pull a 36" horse trailer..... What do you gentlemen think?.

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like it was switched. easy way to check without opening it up. jack the back end off the ground, chock the the front end, and put it in neutral. then mark the back tire and drive shaft then make a full revolution with the tire and count how many time the drive shaft spins around. 3.5 turns you have 3.55 4 turns you have 4.1

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
clutches can be worn out in the rear axle to, thats why you get the one wheel peel, something to consider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin