Questions about coolant filter kits

Reaction score
I have been pricing coolant filter kits for my 95 F350 with a 7.3. I am also considering installing one on our 96 F250 and 72 D200 gassers. The prices I am seeing for what I see in the kit does not make sense to me. I thought I saw some where someone made their own kit. But I cannot find that article now. What kit should I look into getting? What is involved in making my own? What kind of filters do I use, where do I get them, and what are their filter numbers? Does anyone have a schematic of how they stall or even better yet some photographs of an installed kit?

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
There's a writeup in the IDI tech articles, give me a minute and I'll find it.

Reaction score
i just did some poking aorund and found a write up about an IDI install on the internet. Would it be the same with my PowerStroke?

Reaction score
Thanks for the link! I will add that to my parts list. I realized after I posted this thread I have other cooling system questions. I think I will get them altogether and put them in one thread.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
You're welcome, on a side note, weren't you the one that converted to 4wd with IFS?

Reaction score
Yep, I used a TTB 50 at first. I already have another truck lined up and another TTB 50 ready for it. This time I am going to take my time and get it done right.