Pyrometer Limits

slp20045

Reaction score
and i dont use continuous full power since my truck is high geared there aint no use for full power unless im taking off or pulling a heavy load

slp20045

Reaction score
Well it senses voltage engine water temp and oil pressure too but i was using a thermometer on the manifold while i tweaked my pyrometer to read the correct temp

MR.T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and i also played around with the range coefficient setting but like i said the temp matched my thermometer since the first pyrometer reading was off by 500 degrees
Sounds like you're having fun with it. A couple thoughts that may be helpful: I realize the 500 degree difference you saw was just an approximate observation, but 1050 F on a type K should read about 810 F if the instrument was mis-configured for type J (assuming 70 F at the cold junction of the instrument).

Also, if you are comparing with a "temp gun" (infrared pyrometer) on the exhaust manifold, it will read much colder then the exhaust gases inside, with a large temperature lag, plus other inaccuracies associated with infrared surface temp instruments.

slp20045

Reaction score
i see ur point so thats y i ended up using my multimeter thermal probe ports and a short piece of jumper wire to get the exhaust gas temp it might not be dead on but i its with in 5 degrees so i dont think 5 degrees will hurt much it not like its a 100 degrees off

slp20045

Reaction score
But it has all the power i want for now until i can get a propane injection kit for it

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But it has all the power i want for now until i can get a propane injection kit for it

I just finished up my conversion on my Kohler 4KW genset, from gas to propane. Just a simple way to inject propane into the carb air intake. Runs just great. Will post pic's tomorrow, to late for taking pic's.

But here is how I did it similar. http://www.otherpower.com/otherpower_propane_convert.html

Bought the regulator on ebay $149 from Nash Fuel. It comes with the fuel shutoff solenoid with the regulator, cheapest place I could find one. Free ship also. Nash Fuel is in Kentucky, only 2 days shipping to Kansas. There P/N is IMP-039-122-FL with Fuel Lock.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online