Put the Stormtrooper to work today

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
I towed my parents 5er from a storage lot out to their home today(about 7 miles). 36' triple slide, 19,900 GVWR. I'm guessing it weighs about 17,000 right now. Truck hauled the weight well, but the 3.55's killed my get up and go. Pull some nice size hills, and EGT's never got about 1200. truck was most happy when the RPM's wer above 2200. anything below that and she just smoked like a train. These PSD's really like to use the boost to make the power.;Sweet
You must be registered for see images

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truck hauled the weight well, but the 3.55's killed my get up and go. Pull some nice size hills, and EGT's never got about 1200.

Nice looking 5er, with 3 slideouts it's a home on wheels.

That is a load for 3:55's. Is it an optical illusion or is your truck setting down in the back. If it is, looks like you should have the hitch a little more forward in the bed.

Watch out for that toolbox on the bed rails, sharp turns and tipping a little can raise havoc. Followed a guy one time into a restaurant, turn was sharp into the driveway and a short ramp, brand new F-250,Jayco 5er,toolbox and bedrails trashed. First time I seen a man and woman crying. He was cussing while crying, wanted to know if I wanted a tool box, hell no, but helped him load it inside the 5er. Really felt sorry for them, a young couple in there early 30's.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
This was a one time tow for this trailer for me. My dad pulled it home from wintering in FL. and was concerned about getting his 97 2wd dually stuck in the soft ground in his back yard, so I used my 4x4 to put it in place for him. The trailer was nose high (my truck's hitch sits about 4" higher than my dads, but I wasn't going to lower it just to tow it 7 miles. We've installed a RSK to the front of my truck so it sits level with no weight in the bed, but his trailer only squatted it about 1-1 1/2, I had over 8" of bed rail clearance, and the tool box was never an issue. This was my first time towing anything this big. 36' and 102" wide, makes the sphincter pucker on two lane country roads. (Especially when it's someone else's house behind you(and the owner is following in his own truck lol) red dually in the background

I tow my Jayco 5er all the time with mine, but it has an extended pin box, so I can jack knife it plenty before it hits anything.

You must be registered for see images