pump,injector or low compression?

dagreendeville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so here the past two days ive been having a problem after the trucks warm with it starting seems like an injection pump problem only thing is its pourin black smoke when im trying to start it so im sure its getting fuel and once it start usually have to wait a few mins and it fires up but spins over quite a bit before finally poppin off i know i have some ****** injectors because one i bought them from dcp and have had nuthin but problems and two i can hear them missin the pump is only about 4 months old i had it build by nozzle master here in orlando i know i have some blowby so im at a loss for this one figured id try to get some input from others before i go nuckin futs cookoo

eatont9999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so here the past two days ive been having a problem after the trucks warm with it starting seems like an injection pump problem only thing is its pourin black smoke when im trying to start it so im sure its getting fuel and once it start usually have to wait a few mins and it fires up but spins over quite a bit before finally poppin off i know i have some ****** injectors because one i bought them from dcp and have had nuthin but problems and two i can hear them missin the pump is only about 4 months old i had it build by nozzle master here in orlando i know i have some blowby so im at a loss for this one figured id try to get some input from others before i go nuckin futs cookoo

If you are having trouble starting the truck after it is warm, that is a tell tale sign of a failing IP. There is a seal in it that expands or the like when it gets hot and causes the pump to malfunction. That or you could have an air intrusion problem in the return system. If it is hard to start in the morning, I would check into air intrusion first. Search the forum for it; there are plenty of threads on it.

dagreendeville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it starts fine in the am and the thing that throws me off with the failing injection pump is that every time ive ever had a failing inj pump it stopped delivering fuel and it also shut down the truck while driving and never had black smoke while trying to start. i ran my truck for atleast 4 hours sat night without shutting it off and never had a problem when i shut it off it wouldnt start till after it cooled down this mornin i started it ran 2 miles down the road came back shut it off and it took me a few mins to get goin again i guess i should try the old water trick

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge140

Members online