"pulsing" idle on first start??,

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
i noticed the last coulple times i started my 250 it'll fire right up, then cold knock loudly and rev up a bit then kinda pulse for a few seconds then idle normal. any ideas what it could be?? :confused:

-Jon

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
A slobbering injector will give pretty much the same symptoms as an air leak, except no external leaks

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
i heard that a stuck inj. may do that. i know the motor just passed 60K mabe it's time to pull them and have them checked.runs fine once it's warm though, no "extra" smoke or anything abnormal. boy some moose misters may be in order!! ;ReallyLOL

-Jon

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
A slobbering injector will give pretty much the same symptoms as an air leak, except no external leaks

I was getting pretty much the same symptoms with mine and I replaced the injectors and it quit. 6 of 8 were leakers.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
i heard that a stuck inj. may do that. i know the motor just passed 60K mabe it's time to pull them and have them checked.runs fine once it's warm though, no "extra" smoke or anything abnormal. boy some moose misters may be in order!! ;ReallyLOL

-Jon

Sounds like as good an excuse as any :D

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
would water in fuel cause this? :confused: i started it today, it chugged for a few then shut off and was a PITA to start! -cuss then i thought try draining the water bowl, a bunch of water then some fuel came out. i also saw it looked wet around the lift pump so i replaced the little rubber line and cleaned the area up, so far so good. BUT still pulses sometimes....:puke: ohh btw the water in fuel light was out, i had the dash panel out replacing bulbs and i wiggled those and saw it light up for the first time when i turned the key to the start position.

-Jon

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online