PSD Waterpumps & Fans

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have been "looking" at the psd fans and I wonder why we couldn't adapt one to fit our idi motors. From some of the pictures I have it seems that maybe the psd waterpumps rotate opsite direction to our idi but I'm not sure of this rotation. Did all the early psd waterpumps turn that way too?. Waht about the later generation psd motors?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's my understanding also. That they turn the other way.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, okay, so just that? I thought like it may flow more air at the same engine speed, or something like that...

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
i know a prastic fan from a foxy body will if one uses it on a 302/351 truck...so i would think so.

and we all know these IDIs need help cooling.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those fans are smaller tho, I think, the one in my Towncar is 19" in diameter IIRC, and tis the same size as what 302/351 trucks use. How big are our fans, 21" or so?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
i know a prastic fan from a foxy body will if one uses it on a 302/351 truck...so i would think so.

and we all know these IDIs need help cooling.

Then forget about going through all that fuss of trying to modify PSD pumps and fans and just get you one of these
and then you won't have to worry about overheating anymore ;Sweet

suv7734

Reaction score
Then forget about going through all that fuss of trying to modify PSD pumps and fans and just get you one of these
and then you won't have to worry about overheating anymore ;Sweet

Every time I look at that thing I keep thinking it's way to pretty to stuff under the hood :D

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Every time I look at that thing I keep thinking it's way to pretty to stuff under the hood :D

Tell me about it. The darn thing is the prettiest thing on my whole truck. Maybe I should get a plexiglass hood, then I can see it while I'm going down the road :rotflmao

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online