propane and water/****?

crash86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am running propane on my 86 6.9 and it really woke this thing up but i was wondering i could run water/**** injection too?

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard the opposite but I never heard of anyone trying it. If you do do it, I would retard your timing a little bit because that a lot of fuel and it will burn a lot quicker! If you do it, tell me how it goes.

crash86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well the propane i put made me gain about 5 to 6 pounds of boost and burn alot slower
but i still wanna know if they can be burnt together without any problems

crash86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well the propane really helped me all the way around milage, boost, power, and lower egt's. but ive heard that water **** helps lower them even more but idk just trying to get some answers i appreciate it.

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
I am all ears i wanna see how this turns out as i will be experimenting with the same.
Please include an itemized list of materials used as well as flow rate/psi and how it affects the engines performance ie. boost, egt's. lots of pics

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
well the propane really helped me all the way around milage, boost, power, and lower egt's. but ive heard that water **** helps lower them even more but idk just trying to get some answers i appreciate it.

Just about everyone that runs propane for a period of time tends to do one of 3 things blows a head gasket, cracks a piston(s) or throws a rod. It's hard to control & can detonate premature I.E. increase timing & increase cyl pressures. **** does about the same thing. Straight water is alright for lowering EGT's.

It's your engine & you can do as you wish but for me the pane will stay with the grill & the **** will stay in the ghetto. LOL

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking through me Diesel Power Magazine and it talked about a guy running like 70 or 80 percent water/methanol on his First Gen Cummins!! What he did to run that much and keep it alive was to retard the timing. That is a neat idea to me. But this guy uses his Cummins in sled pulls I believe and it still survives! We need to get ahold of this guy and see how/what he did with his setup.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Darrin Tosh as well as a few others have sucessfully run propane for years with no issues. Darrin did eventually eat a head gasket, but the cause of that is not known to me. Propane fumigation is a well accepted scientific technique for causing diesel fuel to burn more completely. In the proper amounts it is neither dangerous, nor adverse. It does tend to cause higher EGT's due to the more complete fuel burn, so liquid vapor intercooling should help considerably. Folks who have played with that and failed, did so mostly because they just used too dang much! The key is a good vapor mist and the right amount at the right time.

crash86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it cost me 650 and i rented a 10 gal forklift tank from our local propane station

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online