propane and water/****?

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What brand of kit did u buy? Oh and also guys I looked at that magazine article I talked about and the guy was putting 70% methanol and 30% water. He was only running 15 degrees of timing to compensate for that much methanol. What is the normal amount of timing run on a first gen Cummins? Also what is the normal amount of timing run on an idi? Maybe that would be something to try.

crash86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
powershot 2000 its the best for low boosting trucks but it works on everything too which is great incase of purchasing a new truck. ill have to find out more about that but let me know when your get your propane it wakes them up alot and i havent filled mine up since june of 08 and still have 1/2 a tank lol very nice.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So guys I did a little research on this topic!! I went onto the Snow Performance forum and the technicians from SP recommended not using propane and W/M together because they have similar burning properties. They recommended if you do use propane use only 25% methanol to water at most but highly recommended 0% methanol if propane is used.

I also read about a common rail Cummins making massive gains using the combination of WM and nitrous oxide. I already have the WM injection kit so maybe someday I'll try some nitrous!! I haven't heard of anybody else puttin N2O on an idi, so maybe I'll see what it can do to my 7.3. I'll just be sure to have headstuds on first for sure. But I think the combination of drugs will get me close to 400 horsepower depending on the size of the nitrous shot and amount of extra fuel from the Moose Pump I'm gettin real soon. What do u think? And is there anyway to make a main stud girdle for these motors cus isn't that amount of power pushing the threshhold of what these motors can handle before they start to flex?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online