Promise... the build

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fuel kit is fantastic... I'm in Dallas, are you nearby?
Just north of San Antonio, I believe @rewbrooks50 is nearby you, hes got some of my parts on his sweet 94 IDIT
You must be registered for see images attach

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s a one off kit I made for his setup. I don’t sell a kit yet, but if you bring your truck by the shop I can build one for the truck.

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s a one off kit I made for his setup. I don’t sell a kit yet, but if you bring your truck by the shop I can build one for the truck.
I'm a little ways off from bringing it by haha. But I talked to a guy at banks and he said the kit was built to optimize without one? Who knows... Sorry to hijack your thread @Selahdoor !

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I talked to a guy at banks and he said the kit was built to optimize without one? Who knows...
That's probably true, BUT you can do so much more when you have one. That's something to keep in mind in the future. Unless you want to install one now while it's all apart. It can always be installed later, but it would probably be a lot easier now.

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's probably true, BUT you can do so much more when you have one. That's something to keep in mind in the future. Unless you want to install one now while it's all apart. It can always be installed later, but it would probably be a lot easier now.
If I knew more about them, I definitely would now but I don't want to trailer this thing around for it to have one built now ya know, I'm so preoccupied and mad about not being able to find a van power steering bracket or a Saginaw that will bolt in, I can't think about anything else. I bet I spend an average of 3 hours a day looking for parts to do it one way or another...

Ilovelamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can buy them fairly inexpensively on Ebay. You'll need a pipe kit for it as well. It's kind of like a giant model car (truck?).
Lol, yea, I haven't even been zinc plating bolts for two days with the stress of trying to figure out this power steering stuff. I may look into it when I get to that point, I just bought a redhead and steering shaft to do that. I want to finish this hydroboost and get this steering back together now!

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I opened the hood!!!!

Couldn't do a ton of stuff, but at least it's a start.

Spent the day sorting through tools and materials.

Found a loop of 3/8 gas line. So now I can plumb in the electric fuel pump with the right hose.

Just have a bit more sorting to do today. Getting the tools and materials together. Tomorrow I really hope to get the job done on at least plumbing that in.

Doing the electrical may wait till the next day, or longer, depending on how it goes for me.

But I'll be getting to doing all the electrical pretty soon, I hope. New circuits with relays for the headlights. Maybe a button for the glow plugs. Definitely the relay for the fuel pump. And figuring out if I have parasitic loss. (Going to start a new thread with a stupid question about that test.)

Also need to diagnose, remove. repair, etc, the switch panel for the windows and locks.

Clean all the years of algae off the windows. Glue the mirror button back on. And remove the window wiper motor and see if it is repairable, or has to be replaced.

After all is said and done, I'm pretty sure I am going to have to do the brakes all the way around. Probably rotors, calipers pads in front, and at least shoes and hardware in the back.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:Thumbs Up Thank you! :D

I might bypass the controller altogether and use a starter solenoid to power the GPs.

You're welcome! You might have to tweak it a little bit but it's better than patched pieces of an old worn out harness. If you have any trouble with it let me know.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok.... Had to go back to the doctor.

Got more meds. That stuff gets EXPENSIVE!!!

Good news, it's possible I'll actually be able to get something done tomorrow.

Got a couple more fittings, and some band type hose clamps, while in town. Maybe I'll get the fuel pump partly done...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online