Project update

76ford466

Another member
Reaction score
We'll after taking a break on my white crew cab 92 f350 project I'm back. In full tilt too lol. It was originally a 460 auto truck. Which was ok but gas millage sucked. I pulled my 7.3 and zf5 form my 88 250. Just a run down on what's went on so far...engine completely rebuilt 0.030 over mahle 0.020 shorter coated pistons and rings, king bearings, reground cam 206 grind from delta cams. New push rods new oil pump, new comp 910 springs. New stainless valves, ported both intake and ex on the heads myself set up the valve springs and built the engine myself. Balanced connecting rods and pistons. Arp head studs, painted it all red and aluminum. New full circle Kevlar clutch disk with one side a puck Kevlar metallic. Single mass flywheel. Turbo from a 2004 5.9 cummins. He351cw. Had to make the adapter to make it fit. But it's the same t3 flange as the stock ats mount. Got the up pipe form a member here original ford 7.3 piece. Goin to intercooler it. Has Mel's moose mister II injectors. Still not got the pump yet. Just got the down pipe fabled up this evening. All stainless exhaust 3" to 4" powerstroke diamond eye kit. I installed new black carpet with sound deadened under it. Put a diesel cluster in it. Ordered me some nice 07 f150 lariat seats for it. Buckets for the front bench rear.
You must be registered for see images attach

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK...I'm jealous...you got a little change tied up in that one. I'm gonna try my hand at rebuilding one soon.

76ford466

Another member
Reaction score
Thanks, yea I kinda have some money in it. But it's a super clean and rust free truck from Oregon, don't have a clue how it made it to south west va. I bought it last winter. It's got a lot of miles like 180,000 or so but that don't concern me at all cause I'm pretty much going to have it all new. The goal is a older truck that's as nice or nicer than a used 2000 up diesel for half the cost. Going to pull a goose neck trailer to haul my truck pull truck. I hope it all turns out well. If anyone tries to tell you oh yea swapping a diesel is easy.....they lied. If you don't have a parts truck your had. I sold my parts truck before I got all the stuff I needed from it but a guy offered me 200 less than what I gave for it running wijt the drive train out so it left. Here's what the truck looks like
and the engine during building oh yea forgot I also added a hydro boost from a f-super duty truck with the matching pump and lines all new well the pump and lines are the booster is junkyard stuff but they was ford reman a few years ago. Got the master cylinder too. Still looking for a intercooler to fit. Gt the 3" polished intercooler pipe kit in don't laugh cause it's a import universal kit. The dang radiator support is another headache as it's a gas one and I have the high by large diesel radiator to fit in it.

Last edited:

76ford466

Another member
Reaction score
Here's the latest on the truck. I got the seats installed this past weekend. Took two whole days. Seats are 2007 f150 lariat seats with a 2004 fx4 center seat. The center seat is cloth but wil change the eventually. Overall I'm very happy with them even though I don't have it running just yet. Wish I had taken pics of the install as I went but was pretty busy. It's the small stuff like making brackets for the rear seat back to latch to that takes so long. They sit a little higher than the bench but I'm not that tall so I'm fine with it. I wired the power seat up and the seat belt light. Also the center seat has a rear cup holder and a power outlet, I put all those on plugs so if needed could be disconnected and removed. Rear seats fold just like they should. Next project blue led dash lights,to match the gaugues

Last edited:

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
say whered you get that carpet from?

76ford466

Another member
Reaction score
Lund premium from summit racing. I got it cause it was cheaper than from bronco graveyard after they added shipping. It fits ok not supper but ok after some trimming, but I'd say it's all that way aftermarket.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
With the factory cluster, the green tint comes from paint on the back of the individual gauge faces.
I used alcohol, q tips, and a razor blade. Didn't keep that cluster.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

76ford466

Another member
Reaction score
Got my led in today. Ordered the blue wide angle 194 replacement for a dash. Got them from superbrightleds.com they have a crazy amount of led stuff to choose from. I pulled the cluster apart installed my original speedo swaped out a bad volt meter motor pulled the faces off cleaned them and cleaned the green from the back of them, like 79 Jasper mentioned be careful these things are hard to come by in good shape. Reinstalled the faces with model glue. Stil waing on a new clear cover I have on order from broncograveyard.com. I think they look nice myself, after the green is gone you can make them light up which ever color you choose by getting different bulbs. I got lazy and just swaped in blue LEDs for the heater control and to my surprise it didn't look that bad. So I'm gong to leave it that way. You cannot dim the dash lights after switching to all led as the resistance is too low, I will add a resistor to remedy this soon. If you leave the heater lights as 194 in they will still dim. Here's a couple pics from my phone sorry if they aren't real clear

Last edited:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Yup. Works now.
On the heat/ac, did you remove the paint also? Or just throw in the bulbs?

76ford466

Another member
Reaction score
I did not remove the green on the heat ac controls. It may be a little dimmer than where I removed it on the dash but not very noticeable. I bought eight bulbs, it takes five for the cluster and two for the heater controls. I got an extra just in case. Also I purchased a led dome light bulb for my daily ride and its bright but not the normal blueish light some LEDs put off more like a normal bulb, which is what I was looking for but they have the bluish color bulbs if you like that also.

Last edited:

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
are these electric senders?
curious if the speedo is cable less

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't like "off" color dome lights. I like the bright white look.
Electric senders, yes. Cable-less, yes.