pressure NEEDED at inj pump.

dieselwiezil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 94 2500 and im pretty sure that the lift pump is out. How much pressure does the inj pump need? Im going to go electric unless I can find a pretty good deal on a man lift pump.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depends really...if its bone stock..15psi is plenty...if its modded..somewheres around 40 would suffice. i have had 12v's run on as little as 2psi...the manual pumps will actually pull fuel from the tank...

rubberfish

Reaction score
Unless you invent a setup, the 12V comes
with a mechanical lift pump. They're not too
expensive if you do need one. About $160 cdn.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think what he was saying is...find a pump that isnt expensive...or...bypass the mech pump and switch it over to electric.
personaly, i'd stick with the manual pump...theyre darn near bulletproof. alot more reliable than electric pumps.

Rocket04

Reaction score
You should stay with the manual pump (if its stock or close). And a FASS pump is all that i know that are available in electric (at around $500), and i'd say the pressure should be in the 20's (psi). What symptoms lead you to believe the pump is gone, cause they are virtually bulletproof.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 12v requires less pressure than the 24v, the fass system is a direct easy install on the 24v due to the fact the fuel pump wires and relays are their already. the fass system install on a 12v is a little more involved. you can use any electric fuel pump....dont have to be a fass system. alot of people use holley e-pumps in line instead of fass systems.

gumper

Reaction score
I'd stick with the stock lift pump. I see Piers has replacement ones for $130 before shipping. There are a lot of highly modded trucks that do just fine with the stock pump. I've heard of people installing electric lift pumps, then turning around and taking them off. I'm sticking with my mechanical one when it's time to change.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we picked up a carter manual pump the other day from oreilly auto parts for about 65 bucks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online