Power window issue....

FiredudeL4

Reaction score
Hey guys, I had to replace the right rear (C.C.) window motor after getting the new motor in and testing it, the window does not roll up/down smoth, it "jumps/bounces" some as it goes up/down, I took it out a few times thinking I was not getting gears or something lined up straight but it still does it, The gears on the motor are good (better be its new!!) the teeth on the regulator were all good from what I could tell, I even put alittle grease on the the regulator, and sprayed some WD-40 in the track the window sits in as it moves up/down but its still doeing it any ideas or suggestions thanks

stay safe out there
Roy

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
you are on the right track so to speak because something is binding. Keep watching it with the door panel off and see if you can isolate the binding.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Sounds like the window track needs adjusting a bit. If it's binding up it could be that there is too much clearance for the window and is cocking sideways when the motor is running it up.
Easiest way to check for that is to have the door panel off and with the window in various positions, try to get it to move side to side by grasping both the top and bottom edges of the window itself.

FiredudeL4

Reaction score
Thanks guys, will look into it some more this weekend when I have extra time, on a side note prior to replaceing the motor it did not do this, just started running real slow then not at all, but when it did work it ran up/down nice and smoth, thanks again

stay safe out there
Roy