Power Rear Window from a Roll Along

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
the BIGFOOT trucks had power rear windows like these. They leaked like a siv and rotted the cabs out. And the motors crapped out alot

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
He said the the motor for it is missing....does that answer your question? If it's anything like the power slider windows,they use a factory power window motor on them, I wouldn't be surprised if this conversion did the same thing.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
He said the the motor for it is missing....does that answer your question?

You need to go back and reread starting with StumpJumpers thread,..

I have a Power Slider and looking at the install thread that Russ posted it looks like the exact same motor and retractable tape and gear that is on mine, I would bet the motors are interchangeable. I can get a pic of it tomorrow if you would like.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
You need to go back and reread starting with StumpJumpers thread,..

I have a Power Slider and looking at the install thread that Russ posted it looks like the exact same motor and retractable tape and gear that is on mine, I would bet the motors are interchangeable. I can get a pic of it tomorrow if you would like.

Hence the rest of the quote of line that you cut out.

94turboidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If these are so desirable and impossible to find, etc. I don't think it would take too awful much to fab them up. You could use a fair amount of factory parts.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
i still dont know why anyone would want one other than to say"i have a power rear window".......... O by the way rain water comes running in it and the wind noise is deffening. But it looks cool:thumbsup:. But thats JMHO

94turboidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could see it coming in handy during the summer when I am fishing w/ the family. Or if a person had a gooseneck hitch. I used to have one and my window was tinted plus being a crew cab you really had to crank your neck around to try and see it.

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
I could see it coming in handy during the summer when I am fishing w/ the family. Or if a person had a gooseneck hitch. I used to have one and my window was tinted plus being a crew cab you really had to crank your neck around to try and see it.
I never have my windows open with a gooseneck! They are so loud.

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it work? Mind posting a pic of the switch mechanism and motor?

Thanks,
Carl

Mine works, but i do not have it hooked up to the rocker switch. I will need to hook it up once i can find a new seal for the window, as mine is leaking. Might be a day, were just getting back from the hospital and i'm gonna make sure my wife and little boy get comfy, and then i'll be sure to snap a pic for ya. The motor is attached at the base of the cab in the back. Then two wires are ran under the carpet to the fuse panel cover where a momentary on/off/on Rocker switch was installed. Pretty simple setup. Not sure where its supposed to get its supplied power though.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Mine works, but i do not have it hooked up to the rocker switch. I will need to hook it up once i can find a new seal for the window, as mine is leaking. Might be a day, were just getting back from the hospital and i'm gonna make sure my wife and little boy get comfy, and then i'll be sure to snap a pic for ya. The motor is attached at the base of the cab in the back. Then two wires are ran under the carpet to the fuse panel cover where a momentary on/off/on Rocker switch was installed. Pretty simple setup. Not sure where its supposed to get its supplied power though.

Maybe they tapped of the power window circuit

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
i still dont know why anyone would want one other than to say"i have a power rear window".......... O by the way rain water comes running in it and the wind noise is deffening. But it looks cool:thumbsup:. But thats JMHO

It comes in very handy with a Crew Cab. Reg Cabs don't need them since the rear slider is at the back of your head.

Never had any problems with leaks or wind noise with my Powerslider, and Yes, I can say,.."I have a power rear window",...:D