Potential Job Offer

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I am getting fed up with hauling from the quarry I haul out of. the guys can be arrogant @$$holes whenever they want and ruin your day in a second.

Lately, it's been getting worse and worse for everyone. Me, with a SUPER short fuse am not taking it anymore...and started looking for other jobs.

I was offered this....the company I plow snow for is HUGE.....Clintar Landscaping....like North American HUGE!!! Clintar Halifax won a contract to install in ground fiberglass pools.

The pools are made in Toronto, Ontario....and have to be transported to Atlantic Canada somehow...:rolleyes:

I was offered a job hauling them on a gooseneck with either a factroy dually....or a hotshot dually.

I was told that if I was to take the job this spring, I could pick what I want to haul with....Ford, Chevy or Dodge.

Any suggestions? It will most likely be 2wd dually....but I am trying to talk them into a 4x4 dually.....easier to get in harder to get to areas and we can plow with it this winter.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id go with the dodge personally. I like fords but for the milage difference and power difference I woulrather have a hotshot cummins truck.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tonkadoc is the person you really need to talk to.
He started hauling fiver's and TT's with a Ford.
It ate him out of house and home on the feul bill.
He went to Dodge and was able to make a living.
But still....he wound up going big. twice.
The latest manifestation has real living quaters, lotsa power, and great feul economy.
If you are serious about this, talk to him first.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Brand new trucks?

If so, If I were you I would just go test drive all three. See which one you like.

FYI the new Fords are definatly doing better on fuel compared to the 6.4's. You can still get a handshaker in a dodge though.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
A stick is an absolute MUST for me!

I HATE autos for haulin'....hell I hated my auto for commuting, but I have ALWAYS had a stick.

I like the Dodge, and I took a Silverado for a test run,,,,,WOW...the power is amazing, the only one I haven't had a REALLY good look at is the Ford.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle