Post your cold starts, they’re fun to watch

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean it was 75 today I don’t know what kind of winter y’all are complaining about? I’ll try and snag a video of the old jd450 cold starting. That’s the mighty 57 hp that’s the song of my people

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aw come on now ;Poke That was for the guy who lives where it gets to -40... was that you?
I've only personally experienced -33 and that was bad enough.

You must be registered for see images attach

Lol I know and -33 is pretty bad more like terrible there are a few more phrases that discribe it and @Thewespaul I think if I got a 75 day tomorrow I'd get heat stroke lol today we got. Heat wave and it was 33 it's been a pretty mild winter so far

cason234

Reaction score
I made this cold start video this morning:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

1990 F250 7.3 IDI
ZF5 4x4
I've owned this truck for about 6 months..... I've had lots of vehicles, but I really like this one. Fun (and easy) to work on. Cheap to own, and inexpensive to buy parts for.

Not terribly cold (35 degrees or so), but you get the idea!

Cheers,

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made this cold start video this morning:

1990 F250 7.3 IDI
ZF5 4x4
I've owned this truck for about 6 months..... I've had lots of vehicles, but I really like this one. Fun (and easy) to work on. Cheap to own, and inexpensive to buy parts for.

Not terribly cold (35 degrees or so), but you get the idea!

Cheers,
That was a cool video, thanks for sharing!

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recorded a quick video this morning. Coldest morning I've had to work so far this winter, around 36*F. The windshield was iced over, and even some ice inside the cab on the windshield. I gotta do something about the moisture in my truck. The truck didn't complain one bit though, even with air in the system. I was expecting it to run on marbles for a minute, but nope, easy morning.

FWIW, the starter on my truck is original (319k miles and counting), the positive cables were put on maybe 4 years ago, and it got new negative cables just a few weeks ago along with two new batteries.

ShadetreeV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made a quick video the other morning after we had a good amount of snow drop on us. Rare to get this amount in our area. Perfect opportunity to do as legit of a cold start I can get here I cali, and take the truck for a joy ride, test the new tires and check the transfer case condition. Thousands of downed trees, power out for the better part of two days and people trying to figure out how to get out of their own driveways, amazing how so many people managed to get stuck in the middle of the road, give up and just leave their cars wherever they stopped. I see the gnarly weather you all in the Midwest/east coast have had to endure, just a small taste of it here and everyones world was turned upside down. Kudos to you who have to deal with for weeks on end.