Post your cold starts, they’re fun to watch

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread is crazy!!! IDI cold start videos are what got me looking for one years ago haha.
Now that I think about it, my favorite one where the dude gets bucked right out of the open cab door is probably a member here haha

SebastIDIan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine starts in half a rev in 19*F after a glow plug cycle. Better than the company's 6.7 or my 6.0 ever did LOL not cold start video material

Conky

Reaction score
You guys dont even know cold

Winnipeg, Mb. Canada

If i need the 1990 7.3 it gets the bill cosby or it wont start.
2 glow plug cycles and hit it with the cosby

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it finally got cold here it went from 30 to -5 in a few hours and is supposed to be -15by morning
You must be registered for see images attach
so here is a cold start
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

renjaminfrankln

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need to get my cold start advance working. Was in the upper 20's overnight. The block switch no longer works... figure i'll wire something up in the cab. Or pay $60 for a new block switch. A little smoky but it cleans up and runs smoke free after about 30-40 seconds.

Just a note, you'll see the WTS light goes out pretty quick. Right before I took this video I energized the glow plugs, and was about to crank it, when I thought of this thread and decided to take a video. So that is why the WTS light cycles off so fast. Usually it stays on much longer.

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol come up north. I know I'll be blocking the airflow on my truck this weekend because I know at -15 my heater doesn't get warm enough to keep this inside of my windshield from freezing let alone me or my booger eaters warm if I block 75 % off I'm good to -35 after that I pull the cardboard out and in fold for 100% blockage on ait flow any colder than that I set my self on fire to keep warm

:Thumbs Up

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Staff online