poopy

rip van sparky

Reaction score
Thursday night my IP died on me. I was in the Taco Hell drive thru (it was one of those really narrow ones with no escape route), I had turned off my truck so that we could communicate, when I went to restart, the engine just cranked, it was turning fast enough, not even a hiccup. So after making the car behind me move and grabbing a couple of hoodlums walking by we pushed it into a space. I did all of the usual checks, fuel, shutoff sol., etc.

Well, went back to my buddies place and unloaded his new late 1800's sawmill off of the rollback ('64 Int'l cabover, five speed on the column, 70 degrees of steering play, Yikes!) and went and snatched up the truck.

So I thought, this is the perfect excuse to fix the input shaft on the F600 and drive it for a while;Sweet , put the F350 in the shop and do all of the projects to it that I have waiting (turbo, intercooler, 4x4, moose juicer, G injectors, blah blah blah).

Well the F600 repair has turned out to be a pain. The PO put in a reman trans with to small of an input shaft, trashed it, the bearings, the clutch assy-cuss . Probably cost 1000 or so in parts:eek: . One good thing is that it is way easier to work on than a pickup, high up off the ground, lots of clearance around everything:thumbsup: .

well that's all for now, John

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
I always have fears when I'm in drive through lines that the engine won't start back up. One time that happened to me and i was like.. wtfff... turned out i was still in drive, lol. Forgot to shift to neutral. Goodluck on your projects.

rip van sparky

Reaction score
It's Alive!

Well, finally got around to throwing my other used IP on last night in the big winter crap storm. truck sounds great, thanks to Mel's article on FI. Of course, I didn't do any of the projects to it that i wanted too, but I really want to pull the injectors out of the F600 and have them worked on, and I need to use this truck to pull my tool trailer while it is out of service. Sitting in the cab after these months made me realize how much I missed the old ****.

smoking89IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sitting in the cab after these months made me realize how much I missed the old ****.

Same here, when mine breaks and I have to drive my car I can't wait till my tuck is back up and running. I just realized what I just said, I would rather drive my old rusty '89 than my '06 GT:D . When I drive my car after I have driven the truck for a while I will put my foot through the floor for the clutch and when I try to start out in second gear and it stalls, makes me feel so stupidcookoo .

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Same here, when mine breaks and I have to drive my car I can't wait till my tuck is back up and running. I just realized what I just said, I would rather drive my old rusty '89 than my '06 GT:D . When I drive my car after I have driven the truck for a while I will put my foot through the floor for the clutch and when I try to start out in second gear and it stalls, makes me feel so stupidcookoo .

LOL I've been there. We used to own a 03 Jetta TDI 5 speed, and I would go from driving around my truck, to that thing and man the clutch on that thing was soooooo easy to push in the first time I would go to shift my foot would go to the floor hard. Had enough torque to start out in first with no throttle, but I did it in 2nd like I do in my truck sometimes and it stalled out on me.

jim_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
she yelled at me and said "can you shut your truck off do I can hear you" and I said NO!

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love being inside the store and hearing a diesel pull up at the drive through. Its all kinds of loud.

jimraelee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One time that happened to me and i was like.. wtfff... turned out i was still in drive, lol. Forgot to shift to neutral. Goodluck on your projects.
short story, Took boat to the river for some family crabbing/fishing was very cold & hard to start, used choke, flooded engine, run to napa get plugs installed. battery was getting weak, finally hit, Varrooom engine roars to life. Head out to water drop crab pots and head back to the dock...Wife came back with some lunch from town, everyone board go to fire up the boat... NOT TING... I figure the battery is just plain dead, I get out the pull cord.... pull start, pull start, pull start.... I'm starting to get exhausted. Kind of like trying to push start a full size car.... finally after being exhausted, I sit and think... check the boat controls, and find the throttle still engaged. set to neutral and amazing the key started the engine.... WooHoo... Stupid - exhausted me sits down and goes back out for crab pots... And yes we did get some crab

7.3shrk

I yell my order over the sound of my truck (apparently it ****** them off even more - like they would get my order right even if I DID turn off the truck)

FordGuy100

Reaction score
short story, Took boat to the river for some family crabbing/fishing was very cold & hard to start, used choke, flooded engine, run to napa get plugs installed. battery was getting weak, finally hit, Varrooom engine roars to life. Head out to water drop crab pots and head back to the dock...Wife came back with some lunch from town, everyone board go to fire up the boat... NOT TING... I figure the battery is just plain dead, I get out the pull cord.... pull start, pull start, pull start.... I'm starting to get exhausted. Kind of like trying to push start a full size car.... finally after being exhausted, I sit and think... check the boat controls, and find the throttle still engaged. set to neutral and amazing the key started the engine.... WooHoo... Stupid - exhausted me sits down and goes back out for crab pots... And yes we did get some crab

Were do you go crabbing? We take our boat to Yaquina bay (spelling?). Were actually going to go there next weekend and crab, there is absolutly nothing like fresh dungenous crab ;Sweet.

jimraelee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yea... yuuummmm fresh crab is the best... From where I live I hit Tbay often, sometimes drive down to Newport. I missed the seafood and wine fest this weekend, but usuially we rent a beach house and make our own... Ha Ha Ha

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Yeah, we usually get a campground site on the yaquina. Then we go out crabbing and set all the pots, and as we wait for some soak time we go upstream and buy a bushel or two of oysters right off the shore were they grow oysters. Then we start pulling the pots. That night we have a huge feast ;Sweet.