Pondering a turbo

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
detailed exhaust part list.in order of flow:

banks down pipe.
banks intermediate pipe (just front section.) this connects the odd sized banks dp to a 3" pipe and bends down to be parallel with the trucks underside.came with kit this time! saved me some coin.nice bonus.
3" to 3.5" adapter - walker 41981
a stick of 3.5" pipe
"big truck muffler" - walker 21470
short section of 3.5" pipe (just enough to hook muffler to adapter below)
3.5 to 4" adapter - summit 652269
4" tail pipe - dynomax 54387
then some clamps and hangers of course.

1993 Ford F-Super Duty XLT - "Log Truck" (new to me truck-pic heavy)

58-jpg.48656

60-jpg.48658

64-jpg.48673

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many thanks! I'm assuming banks still sells the intermediate pipe. Would you happen to have the part number? Alternatively, I can contact banks. Thanks again, looks like a plan...

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do you want a turbo back kit? Thought you were using the banks down pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on what Thewespaul said, I would get the turbo back system and cut a bit off as opposed to having to by and fabricate. Let me know what you think.

This is what I would buy, you would probably have to add a bit of 4" to meet with the end of the downpipe or you can spend the extra money and get turbo back and just not use it all

https://www.ebay.com/itm/161987350450

Mike_42

Kid Mechanic
Reaction score
Based on what Thewespaul said, I would get the turbo back system and cut a bit off as opposed to having to by and fabricate. Let me know what you think.
My bad, when I made my post the 3 previous weren't there for me but yours... lol. If you want a muffler I believe diamond eye sells a kit with one as well.

However the one you linked is a cat back system, not dp or even turbo back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you buy the Banks downpipe you will need like a 1 foot long section with about a 30 degree bend in it to run a downpipe back system, 3 inch slips right over the end of it I believe l

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you buy the Banks downpipe you will need like a 1 foot long section with about a 30 degree bend in it to run a downpipe back system, 3 inch slips right over the end of it I believe l

Thanks! So if I go with the banks DP and the Diamond eye 4" turbo back system, I'd need a piece of 3" to slip over the banks DP and then a 3"to 4" adapter to mate to what's left of the Diamond eye DP. This sound about right? My goal is to be able to put this together as a slip fit, just cutting the downpipes and welding the ******* downpipe up later if necessary.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The banks downpipe, at least on my banks wastegated kit, is 2.75" or so. 3" fits over it with about 1/4" of clearance - it's not a slip fit by any means, but the gap is weldable. You might try getting a tailpipe expander and just expanding it untill it is a slip fit.

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The banks downpipe, at least on my banks wastegated kit, is 2.75" or so. 3" fits over it with about 1/4" of clearance - it's not a slip fit by any means, but the gap is weldable. You might try getting a tailpipe expander and just expanding it untill it is a slip fit.

Thanks for the good information!

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pipe I slid over mine was 3 inch OD so the pipe was smaller then 3 inch inside and the exit of the banks 2-3/4 inside diameter, small gap left weldable yes I used a 3in-3od strap clamp over the connection and have 99% sealed I belive no noticeable leak but I can't garrentee no leaks because I haven't really looked at it much since install

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828