Plastic "Powerstroke" cover doodad?

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
rebel_horseman said:
Damn and I thought I was the only one who had that happen. I just threw the plastic cover in the garage. Now access to everything is much easier.

yep i think its a common problem... i haven't put my cover back on yet i'm still letting the voices in my head argue over it.. i have also debated on letting the machine shop here at work make me something out of diamond plate aluminum that looks kinda snazzy up there

i'm not sure why ford didn't either use stainless or atleast some type of coating on the bolts and bracket i guess it saved them a couple bucks cookoo

TimMiller

Reaction score
On the OBS trucks the bolts were coated in a rubber coating. I guess they figured they could save money by skimpin out on that part. Plus when the rust and get stuck, thats more time for the service guys which makes them more $$$.

jvencius

Reaction score
Dualie said:
The one from our 00 cc DRW is MIA never looked the same after the dealer techs lost the nut covers. The 02X still sports its factory trim.

Do you want mine? Powerstrokeshop.com has them listed for $22 or so, so I figure that $10+shipping is a fair price.

Dualie

pyromaniac at large
Reaction score
Oh sorry I should have made it more clear. I still have somewhere? I pitched it over my shoulder into the abyss I call a garage when I was replacing injectors. And haven't missed it one bit since.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online