Picked up this Biodiesel plant

Kiwif150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just managed to pickup this wvo plant - thinking i'm going to convert it to a wmo setup.
The guy who had has made over 50000 litres of biodiesel with it and was only selling it because he has upgraded his truck fleet to late model common rail and they don't like it - he said he probably could have added a centrifuge and kept using it but his business was getting too busy to keep doing it. 600L stainless steel beer tank has two 240v heating elements in it and there is no shortage of transfer pumps and filters so all in all i'm pretty happy with $500.00 for the complete setup although you have to add $300 for the fuel i used to travel down to collect it.

View media item 296
View media item 295
View media item 294
View media item 293
View media item 292

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
biggest issue we have stateside is a consistent supply. Many restaurants are now locked in on contracts by the commercial scavengers.

Kiwif150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it got like that here for a while too .... one company was travelling the length of the island collecting it , refining it and selling it. It was really attractive for a while when diesel was up around $2.00/litre but now with prices around the 1 -1.30 mark it became uneconomic for them. I don't really have a use for the plant right now , it was just that at the price i couldn't pass it up. Still planning on getting over to get myself an idi conversion for my F150 and then i think i'll set it up for wmo as i can use the stuff from my shop which i'm currently giving away.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Staff online