Performance Exhaust

DMcV

Reaction score
I am planning on adding a 4" turbo back to reduce EGT's and improve mpg's...but I have ONE Major problem . We plan to use this truck to tow our 5th wheel on long trips, My 'problem'...the wife wants it quite ! :Q Anyone have any experioence with keeping the noise factor down to a reasonable level or a good way to curb the drone on the highway ?
Will adding inline resonators help ?
Will dual pipes be better than one single ?
Open to suggestions on brands to look at.
Thanks
Dennis

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
use a good quality 4" turbo back, and put the muffer in it, the right way.
it will be a little louder, but in cab noise will be about the same.
duals will have a good sound also and cab noise is also limited.
one down side with duals is both sides of the camper get dirty.

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
One other thing you can do, and that is put in some high quality sound deadening in the truck. Keep momma happy and you can keep modding the truck!

DMcV

Reaction score
Where would be the best palce for this extra sound deadening ? Inside the cab under the dash on the back side of the firewall ? What type of material should I be looking for ?
Thanks
Dennis

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
Dynamat is probably the best known and they have various thicknesses depending on how far you want to go with it. Get some POR15 paint and do the floors as a rustproofing measure before you install it, and do the inside firewall, floors, doors and headliner. Replace any seal that can contribute to noise production. The reduction in noise will be dramatic, and even if you were to use a tuner that makes the engine more rattly you probably won't notice it. Momma will love you for it.

pfarmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a Banks Monster exhaust on mine and love the fact that it is NOT noisy. Throaty, not noisy. My husband runs some big wide open mess on his 05 1 Ton Cummins and you can't hear yourself think riding in it. I also installed a Banks EGT Gage to watch the temp and I since then, have never been worried. The Monster exhaust is part of my madness to conserve fuel all the way around. More power, less back pressure, more smooth acceleration. I know everyone has a favorite, this one happens to be mine. Not right or wrong, I just really like it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726