Parts and Accessories at an antique fair?

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was an antique fair in town this weekend and one of my buddies collects Franciscian wear plates, so whenever they come to town he likes to do the antique thing and I usually humor him and tag along. We walk in the door and start perusing the vendors tables/cases and wares and what does good old cetane sniffing 95_stroker spy lying on the floor under an old highschool marching band mega phone?
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Yup, a set of air horns. Didnt have a clue what they were neither did the vendor. He wasnt sure if they woorked or not but he thought that the guy he bought them from told him that they did. The have a small 12V air blower with them. So I brought my treasure home and got the aligator clips out and put some juice to them, only one trumpet was sounding. So I popped the back of the diaphragm cover off to inspect the parts, they looked to be in very good condition. I took some compressed air and blew into the air inlet and got some crap (looked like spiderweb material) out of the air port. Put the diaphragms back in (also noticed the mfg's mark inside the back cover. HADLEY ;Sweet ;Sweet ) and buttoned it up, figured since I had the compressed air right there that I would unhook the 12V air blower and giver a test shot with about 90 psi............. :eek: :eek: :eek: . Yup, these are the real deal. Both trumpets sounded clean,clear and crisp. For now I am going to unhook the whimpy factory horns and run the wire to this 12V blower, but I can seriously see onboard air in the future now. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Not a bad find at an antique fair for 35 clams huh. :Sly

sassyrel

Reaction score
you know how much they get for those on ebay??? you lucky dog!!!!!