Parting out, Headed to the Scrapper on Friday..88F250 4x4

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
THis is an 88 F250 reg cab 4x4 diesel 5 speed.

Motor is gone
turbo is sold

The only good body part is the hood $50.00

ZF5 Speed Trans, Hard to shift into reverse, all other gears worked great, centerforce clutch, all worked good when I test drove it, $550.00

Transfer Case $200.00

Rear Sterling 10:25 with 4:10 and Detroit Locker, have paper work for the locker also. $450.00

Front Axle 4:10 with a ARB Air Locker and Air Compressor, have paperwork on the front locker. $450.00 that's cheap, price out an Air Locker once.

Helwig Rear Anti Sway Bar complete with Polly Bushings $45.00

Front Steel bumper with WARN 12,500LB Winch $600.00 Have paper work for the winch and it does work.

Complete set of Cab Lights with wiring Harness $40.00

Lots of engine bay parts as well, just let me know what you need, no part too small. All prices plus shipping.

Last edited:

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Ok, do you still have the fuel lines? I need the return line to the front tank. Got my new tank installed with the sender I got from you, all is working well, but there is a chafed spot in the return line that just started leaking. Gauge and all work well, so the sending unit was money well spent. The line I need goes from the sending unit to the fuel tank selector valve. It has the plastic clip end on the sending unit and I believe it is held to the tank selector via a roll pin, but not 100% sure, been a while since I had it out.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
how are the seats?

The seat is actually in good conditon, it looks like it came out of a 95 ish crew cab, it is tan. I can get you a pic of it if you are interested. Figure $75.00 plus shipping.

Ok, do you still have the fuel lines? I need the return line to the front tank. Got my new tank installed with the sender I got from you, all is working well, but there is a chafed spot in the return line that just started leaking. Gauge and all work well, so the sending unit was money well spent. The line I need goes from the sending unit to the fuel tank selector valve. It has the plastic clip end on the sending unit and I believe it is held to the tank selector via a roll pin, but not 100% sure, been a while since I had it out.

I will check on the fuel line and see how it is this afternoon and get back to you.

Darrin, I'll take that front end if it hasn't sold yet. I'll buy em both for $700?

If you want both for $700.00, I will sell them to you. It takes a lot of hassle out of it for me as far as shipping them etc. We are cutting the axles out today so they will be avaliable for pick up anytime.

Let me know!
Thanks,
Darrin

IDIeselman

Reaction score
If you want both for $700.00, I will sell them to you. It takes a lot of hassle out of it for me as far as shipping them etc. We are cutting the axles out today so they will be avaliable for pick up anytime.

Let me know!
Thanks,
Darrin[/QUOTE]

SOLD. Can I pick them up next saturday and pay then ? Ohhh, Mama's not going to be happy:angel:

Thanks. Tim

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but the lines weren't good enough to tear off the truck and send them to you. They were hacked up.

I just got the axles cut out of the truck today, so the truck will be gone tomorrow.

I stripped a lot of small parts off it so if anyone needs anything else just let me know!

Later

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but the lines weren't good enough to tear off the truck and send them to you. They were hacked up.

I just got the axles cut out of the truck today, so the truck will be gone tomorrow.

I stripped a lot of small parts off it so if anyone needs anything else just let me know!

Later

Thanks for looking, going to the salvage yard tomorrow, but the guy that owns it is a Ford truck nut and you have to steal anything you want off a Ford truck while he is not looking!!! :) I will tell him it is from a Yugo, maybe he won't notice!!!

The Sable of my wife's is heading to the crusher tomorrow, have gone from 9 Fords in the back 40 to only 1 sitting in the front driveway, my 87 and if someone offered me the right money for it, it would go down the road as well!!! :)

I patched the line and the fuel sender works great, new all plastic front tank is in, new rear tank and new sender in the rear last fall, so we can actually hold close to 40 gallons of fuel. Just would feel better with a uncut/spliced line on the front, even though it is low pressure and on the return side.

Again, thanks for looking, and the deal on the sending unit.
Scott

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
The axles are spoken for but not picked up yet. Probablly next Saturday.

You bet Scott, Scrap prices are pretty high right now, I got $175 a ton yesterday, so $360 for the truck but it was loaded down with core motors, scrap brake rotors etc. It was worth the trip!!

Later!

IDIeselman

Reaction score
Yes spoken for loud and clearly. Darrin I'm shooting for wednesday or thursday I'll TRY to let you know a day in advance.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
The axles are spoken for but not picked up yet. Probablly next Saturday.

You bet Scott, Scrap prices are pretty high right now, I got $175 a ton yesterday, so $360 for the truck but it was loaded down with core motors, scrap brake rotors etc. It was worth the trip!!

Later!

Yep, scrap prices are way up here as well. We got $155 a ton for the Sable. Had sold the engine and trans, but gathered up about 10 gas tanks I had in the yard, cut them up with the smoke wrench (they won't take them in one piece for fear you added ballast or the fuel will explode) and threw them inside the car. At any rate, got $190 for it, so it was worth the drive as well, only about 10 miles away and I got to use my new trailer for the first time!

Scott

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Yes spoken for loud and clearly. Darrin I'm shooting for wednesday or thursday I'll TRY to let you know a day in advance.

cool just wondering incase anything fell through, sounds like you are getting a sweet set up:love:

86 1 tonhauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what kinda deal can u make me for the transfer case front drive shaft trans and front axle and the rear axle

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin

Members online