part availability ?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the plate behind the water pump is still an available part, and if so what the part number is and about how much one costs ( or if anyone has a good used one they want to sell that isn't warped or excessively pitted, please, let me know).
Thanks-----Robert

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you could also see what a machine shop could do

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Is this something else for freebird01 to ad to his manufacture list?

I bet he could do a nice job of reproducing those things.
Last time I had to install a pump, I ended up having to lay sillyscum on like spackle to take up for all the irregularities in the surface to get the pump to seal.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
i gave one to mel for his museum. i had one that was almost cavitated all the way threw. unsure if it is still available, but if you need one i have a spare good one.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I too had to go though the three of mine and settle for the "best" one I had. Jason, any thoughts on these.............

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
The hard part for u will be the radius at the bottom for the oil pan seal and the ring for front crank seal. I will try to get good pics tonight

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Robert, have you tried Ford or IH? I'd bet those two are the only source for a new front block cover. Jason, that would be great if you could make these, but like Corey said, the front crank seal and pan sealing areas will be tough.

Heath

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Robert, have you tried Ford or IH? I'd bet those two are the only source for a new front block cover. Jason, that would be great if you could make these, but like Corey said, the front crank seal and pan sealing areas will be tough.

Heath

somehow I think the dealer would be a bust , since I just called IH for a water pump and was told that they no longer carry them, it's ironic that ford still does, but they may be old stock

DaytonaBill

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 351 Cleveland uses one of those, too!cookoo

They look real similar to the IDI front cover, with the same cavitation problems, too...

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I spoke with the parts guy at Silver State ford parts and he had checked all over the country including the obsolete parts warehouses and that part is now oficially non existant., so that would be a good one to start re-producing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online