parking brake

sarnhun

Reaction score
where do i adjust the parking brake f250 turbo dis factory 7.3 eng is there a adjuster in the parking brake padel under dash or is it on each rear wheel it holds at the very bottom thank for your help stick shift

Last edited:

Chuckdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well my truck is older an 86 but the adjustment for me is under the truck about where the bed and cab meet you will see its easy. just follow the cables form the rear wheels to the bracket where they meet.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before messing with the park-brake adjuster, adjust up the rear brake shoes with the star-wheel adjusters.

Then, go to that long threaded rod adjuster that is located about at the rear of the cab, driver-side, and adjust the park-brake, only if necessary after rear brake adjustment.

On my truck, it takes a 1/2" ratchet-wrench to adjust, and vise-grips to hold the rod still.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As midnight said, the parking brake cable is not a normal adjustment unless you have replaced the cables with new ones.

If your pedal is low it is because the rear brakes are out of adjustment.

One other cause, sometimes the cable rusts through and when it is only held by a few strands the cable will "stretch" as the cable unwinds. It will usually start breaking near one of the connectors.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IIRC there's something weird about the pedal assembly on '92-'97 trucks...like, there's some sort of adjuster there as well. I don't remember the details, but might be worth searching on the subject...

sarnhun

Reaction score
removed both rear tires and drums blew air to clean dust and i see the problem the cable on the driver side came off the tensioner or the half moon bracket put it back now i have parking brake thank you

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online