optimizer

cranknrods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im lookin to start building another 6.5
but im not gonna do it without getting my hands on a good block. such as the amg optimizer block or a p400 block.

so. if i buy a 6.5 out of a hummer, how will i know if its a optimizer block?
what is the casting numbers of the optimizer?
are all 2001 and newer humvee engines optimizers?

i would like to find a optimizer take out from a humvee because the optimizer cost about 6g's new and i think i can build one cheaper.

lookin for tips on how to do this?

thanx

Last edited:

cranknrods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no ideas?

maybe its my fault, did i write in such a way that no one knows what im talking about?:dunno i do that sometimescookoo

turbonator

gm diesel guys, AKA turbonator
Reaction score
There is a guy on e-bay now, that is selling the military takeouts, $1600.00. Know of a couple that were the Navistar casting. That is the newest casting to date.

Back passenger side of block, just behind the head......month, day, year (xx-xx-letter). H=2001,J=2002,K=2003,L=2004,M=2005,N=2006,P=2007,etc. Also the Navistar "diamond" in the valley.

All hummers should be Navistar after 2001.

Will search a link if you like.

cranknrods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry ive been out of town for a while and havnt had internet.

thanks for the reply.

a link would be helpful. ive seen that guy on ebay but i wont buy one unless he lets me can tell me the model engine he is sending me. with my luck i would end up with a 99' model...not good

thanks silverfoot

have you seen the new p400's those things are bad@$$-im kinda thinking about just skipping the rebuild process and buying a new p400

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online