Oops, Im stuck on the side of the road

jtt220

Reaction score
PROBLEM SOLVED. THANKS DIESELCRAWLER!!

Hello all... Second thread here and I'm already asking for help!

I knocked into my shifter (t19) while the truck was in gear and not running. The shifter "popped" off and flapped around, obviously severed from it's linkage. I pulled the boot off and noticed that the "cone" was unthreaded, apparently allowing the stick to move freely without engage/disengaging with the gearbox and the stick to be removed completely.

I've tried to align the lever into it's proper spot, but I can't seem to get it. When I feel like I have it in there, the truck proves me wrong by not letting me take it out of reverse.

Help! I'm at a gas station off I-95 :(

Last edited:

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
You need to get a screwdriver and alighn all the forks in the trans. When these are
Aligned it will be in neutral. stick shifter back in and tighten it up. If u look in the top of the trans on the left side of the hole, the selector will be pushed forward.'that needs
To be pushed back to the middle

jtt220

Reaction score
That did it! Thanks for the call too... Much appreciated! I owe ya a beer:)

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to get a screwdriver and alighn all the forks in the trans. When these are
Aligned it will be in neutral. stick shifter back in and tighten it up. If u look in the top of the trans on the left side of the hole, the selector will be pushed forward.'that needs
To be pushed back to the middle

DAMN!!

That's awesome!!