One of the final accessory for The Enterprise up for grabs

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Well......
I have always loved FORD, dad always had a few around. 18 at one time he had a repair business growing up so i got the hand me downs!:D

I started with an 86 f150 6 cycl $800, then got an 85 f150 302EFI $150, used parts from 85 to fix the 86 up, sold the 85 for $650.
Drove the 86 for 2 years then sold it for $800 still see it from time to time. I also bought an 87 f150 4x4 short bed step side for $700 sold it for $1500 it was a rust bucket. Then i found an 81 F150 XLT Ranger lariat ex cab trailer package 351w. 6 miles to gallon and always under the hood.:puke::puke:

Found that other place and started asking questions got flamed alot even bumped alot (wrong question or wrong truck?) then booted out.:backoff
Your account has been banned or locked. This is a permanent ban. If the Administrator has specified a reason for this ban, you will find it below.

Imported Ban

Please click back to return to the previous page.
Found a 92 F250 Xlt ex cab 4x4 Cali truck on eBay not far from me locked up motor the big c. Got it for $3k towed it home (with the F150 80 miles!:eek:) Got it started and even drove it, was a sweet truck. Mom said no so i sold it on eBay to a guy in YORK for $3300. If you see it has a dent in the passenger door. (came off the dolly :eek:) Then I saw the brown ****, 87 F250Xlt ex cab 6.9, got it for $1000 found my way here and was help to repair it with support from my new friends and will one day make it to an IDI Ralley! The rest is listed in the pages of this great site!!!

Last edited:

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
In January of 1994 we were experiencing the worst winter I can remember.It was snowing almost every 3 days.I had 4 snowplows (all Chevys) doing aboput 250 driveways, and they were busy nonstop. As soon as they came in I would service them and get them ready for the next storm.Thery were running as long as 30 hours non stop,depending on the storm.I had had a couple breakdowns-1transmission-and odds & ends hydraulic hoses etc,they were doing a good job but the load was taking its toll.

One of my drivers heard me say I needed another truck (complete with a plow)fast.He told me about his fathers 84 ford f250 4x4 deisel.I told him "no way -a ford deisel w/an international engine-just ain't happening". Om Jan 23 There was another big storm headed up from PA (thanks Mel).I knew I was headed for trouble-I was exhausted and worried how much these trucks could take with miniumal maintenence,and wet heavy snow to push.I told my driver ok lets go see ur dads truck.

Off we went got there and no truck just snow piles in driveway-His dad came out"where is the truck?""under that pile of snow""How long has it been sitting there""since thanksgiving day""well it won't help me" He says climb in and see for yourself!.I climbed up on a snowbank reached down to the vent -rolled down the window climbed in.He told me how to start it(use the glowplugs)"it will never start !" It did -so what its burried and thers is a big snow abnk in the way-the plow isn't on it,"warm it up he says (i did) and pull out of there"Bull S---t too much snow".It waded thru the snow no problem,for the first time I was impressed.He says "go in that field and hook up the plow""thru 3 ft of old snow Bull SH_T I said". for the 2nd time.Then he tells his kid"go out there and hook up the plow""well I aint shoveling it out !" says I Off he goes and comes back with the plow I AM IMPRESSED!!!!. How much $2000!!"Take $1500 cash?" "sold!" "ok" .

We go home -brakes failed.Got some new lines and we had brakes-and put on a new muffler.next day I put tags on it and took it out.Pushed some snowbanks left by the town plows back."Darn look at this thing push!!"

Needless to say it bacame my personal truck,and was called the command center cause I put a cell phone and 2 2way radioes in it.It would move twice the snow a chevy would.So it was used to bust open driveways that chevys couldn't open up -and then the chevys finished them. Come summer it was used to haul my tractor to jobs.Sure made moving it easy,2 years later it got hit during a storm-ins fixed it,I had it painted (first professional paint job 1 ever had on anything I owned) I made a dump body for it, then it became my daily driver.The trans went so we put in a rebuilt C6.I made a dump body for it.

In 1990 I got out of snow plowing and hooked it to a 30 ft gooseneck,and off I went covering the eastern half of the US hauling antique tractors etc. 2 summers later (the 84 had no AC from the factory)I got over heated in the truck.SO for my next move, I bought my 91F350 crew cab-with blown motor.Took the 7.3 (I had it rebuilt ,to replace the 6.9 sometime in the mid 1990s) Hooked it to the 30 ft trailer and off I went.Lost the E40D first trip -put in a jasper unit its tstill going 250,000 miles later.Lost an engine had it fixed in Maine $4000 dollars.Never ran right,a year later it blew in Washington county PA.Put a low mileage used jasper in it.Towed till July 2005 when my health put me off the road.It sits now all alone used it 4 times to move a tractor and took Okie ****** to Kansas once with it. I occaisonaly drive it downtown but it sits most of the time.

No it isn't for sale(at least not yet). It needs some TLC -but overall it is in good mechanical condition.I wouldn't be afraid to hop in and drive 3000 miles.I keep hoping I'll somday do the odds-& ends it needs.Then maybe hook it back up and pull a few more tractors around the country. I am sure most of U have seen Pics of my ole 84and my 91 F350 crewcab.Both the finest trucks I could have ever owned. Plus it has at least 500,000 miles on it but doesn't show it reliability wise.

Just a quick thought I have pulled Almost or possibly as much with the 84 F250 as I have with the F350. The Load on my avaitor is behind the 84 F250.These trucks have played a major part in producing my income for over 11 years.
LONG story -dont want to use too much space to tell more of the details--- Iove my Ford Trucks

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what became of the CB with the official Moose Truck certificate of authenticity? :backoff LOL

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Didn't make it to Alabama.......But the twin 4 footers did along with Co-Phase Coax......but no squak box.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
that I do believe is in my buddies garage - he ended up and installed it in his Dodge Cummins then removed it - so it did get to ride in 2 other oil burners for a while...

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
He wanna sell it?I want to put a radio in the deuce and really don't want to put my Cobra 29 in there......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01