ok, son has agreed to keep 7.3

nitro joe

Reaction score
If i rebuild it for him. I've rebuilt several engines plus i pull hot rod garden tractors which ter down engines very often. this will be my first big diesel rebuild. Does anyone have any suggestions for this rebuild, plus he wants as much power as possible( don't forget the massive black smoke)... All input will be appreciated. Thanks Nitro joe

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
fresh sharpie and lots of assorted sized sandwhich bags. a few pre teardown pics help too. i still have alot of the scout in baggies! :rotflmao

-Jon

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you plan on doind to it? boreing it, Sleeving it? New Pistons, Low-comp pistons?
Headwork?

I would go through the whole motor. Since it's a 7.3, I would probably sleeve it due to their cavitation problems, then you could keep the pistons standard and get a new ring set. New mains and rods. Port and polish heads after magnafluxed and pressure tested. Head Studs.
Good luck

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And a good torque wrench is worth as little as what you pay for it, and as much as the engine itself. It's a very good investment.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Well how much are you willing to spend to make him lots of power, im sure if you have enough money then i could tell you my plans for a future motor but i have no idea what it would cost to buil my dream motor

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online